I recently bought fender locking tuners for my MIM strat, and new string along with the tuners. I replaced the tuners and put on the new strings. After I tuned it, I looked over at the bridge and noticed that it was way high. As if I was pushing the whammy bar as far as I could towards the guitar. The springs are rather stretched out, as well. The string I got are D'Addario blue/jazz rock, which worked great on my gibson Les Paul. I guess my question is, is the bridge, being so high, alright? Should I get different strings or more springs?

If I had a camera avaliable I would take a picture, but my brother is borrowing it.

Oh, right. First Post!!!
of course you have the first post. you started the freakign thread.
My Facebook

MAIN Gear:

Jackson Pro Rhoads

AMP:

Head: Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier BLACK FACE

Cab: Mesa Boogie 4x12 Road King Slant
Take off your bridge cavity cover and you should come across 3 springs each one is connected to the back of your bridge and the other end is connected to a claw. well tighten the claw until your bridge becomes parallel to the body and then re-tune. hmm see if i can explain in more detail tommorow. btw welcome to UG and have fun dude
*Smacks hand against forehead*

It was my first post on the board... I'm not that lame.

Edit: Thanks for some actuall information.
Last edited by asmith731 at Mar 17, 2007,
If you take off the trem cover in the back, there are 3 springs. At the top of those springs is a metal bracket connecting them to two screws that screw into the body. If the bridge is too high, you need to tighten the screws so they move farther into the body. This creates more tension on the springs, thus pulling the bridge in closer and moving it closer to the body on the top. What gauge strings did you use by the way?
My Rig:
Fender American Strat w/ texas specials
Martin DX1
Blueridge Br73
1968 Domino Californian
Stagg bass
2006 Fender hot rod deluxe
Gretsch Electromatic compact amp
among others
Oh make sure you detune the strings first so they dont get too tight and snap. Tune them very low so you have room to work with.
My Rig:
Fender American Strat w/ texas specials
Martin DX1
Blueridge Br73
1968 Domino Californian
Stagg bass
2006 Fender hot rod deluxe
Gretsch Electromatic compact amp
among others
you have put a heavier gauge set of strings on than the originals. your trem needs adjustment. put an extra spring or two in the cavity at the back of the body. if that doesn't do it, the screw holding the springs may need tightening.

depending on how much the difference on guage is between the old strings and the new, you may also need truss rod and/or intonation adjustment. if in doubt, take it to a guitar tech.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
Alright, thanks people. I just replaced the original strings with some .o11-.049 strings. Intonation seems fine, so hopefully I won't have to take it into a shop somewhere.