hey.. well I need strings, and I know there are a lot of good brands, but I want to hear some opinions on what to buy, I play metal/death metal and the tunings I use are drop d and drop c (if that has to do with anything), what strings should I consider buying?
I assume you've got a schecter C-1 guitar of some sort, or an Omen.

I suggest D'addario strings, guage .11. Try them out. If they're too soft, go for .12
Thicker strings exert more tension. If you tune .09's down to D, they'll feel like rubber bands. Not good.
I use DR .10's, mostly. I've got D'addario .10's on right now, and I don't like them as much. But , hey, they're bloody, so I'll probably have to change them soon anyway, .

It's all personal preferance. Buy some packs from different brands. Every time you change your strings, switch to a different brand. You need to find out what kind of strings you like.
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
Last edited by MuffinMan at Mar 17, 2007,
D'addario
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
id suggest elixir 10'' thats wut i use
Quote by RedMoonMan
Cause Your A Weak Ass Little Bitch!!!!

Quote by grim1
Says the person with a White Stripes avatar.

loool fucked yu right didnt he?
id suggest elixir 10'' thats wut i use

No good for tuning as low as C though - for drop D/occasional drop C 11's is as low as you'd want to go.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com