I was wondering if anyone could tell me the correct way to play the seize the day solo by a7x.
in the guitar world that had mcr on the cover a few months back, theres a tab thats pretty accurate..thats how i learned it
i can tell you about the one in the end. it involves sweep picking and is played like this:

e|18p15----------15-18p15----------15-17p13---------- 13-17p13----------13---|
B|-----15------15-------- 15------15-------- 15------ 15-------- 15------15-----|
G|-------15--15------------ 15--15------------ 14-- 14------------ 14--14-------|
D|---------17---------------- 17--------------- -15---------------- 15---------|
A|--------------------------------------------------------------------------|
D|--------------------------------------------------------------------------|

e|--------------------------------------------------------------/--18p13------|
B|17p14----------14-17p4----------17-18p15------------17------
G|------14------14--------14-------14---------15--------15-----------
D|-------14--14-------------14--14--------------15----15----------
A|---------16-------------------16--------------------17---------------------

e|18p15----------15-18p15----------15-17p13---------- 13-17p13----------13---|
B|-----15------15-------- 15------15-------- 15------ 15-------- 15------15-----|
G|-------15--15------------ 15--15------------ 14-- 14------------ 14--14-------|
D|---------17---------------- 17--------------- -15---------------- 15---------|
A|--------------------------------------------------------------------------|

e|--------------------------------------------------------------------------|
B|17p14--------------14-171p14-----------------14-15t3-17t5-18t6-t18~------------------|
G|-----14----------14-------------14-----------14----------------------------------------|
D|--------14----14--------------------14----14------------------------------------------|
A|------------16----------------------------16--------------------------------------------|

i think its like this ( i hate writing tabs)
Last edited by espliam at Mar 17, 2007,
How long does it take you from not being able to sweep to playing something like that?
Pretty basic arpeggio shapes there. You could do something like that to learn sweeping, I think.
Quote by apope
Pretty basic arpeggio shapes there. You could do something like that to learn sweeping, I think.

Yeah it looks very basic, just the sweeping motion used is something I have trouble with most on guitar.
honestly the keys to sweeping are concentration, co-ordination and one hell of a lot of practice.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
i think sweep picking isnt about speed, its more about co-ordination, being able to make both hands work together, start slow, use the metronome for timing and gradually it will improve, you have to make sure that one hand is following the other.
It would take a long time to get it lik Syn, since he has very defined sweeping.
The solo however is basically piss easy, there's a Total Guitar issue that tabbed it.
^^^ yeah the one with a7x trivium and dragonforce. the issue with the awards.

you may still be able to get hold of that issue.

it was a good read actually and all the tabs were good songs
Gear:

Gibson lpj
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Les Paul 1960's Tribute Plus
Schecter s-1
Marshall JCM900 100WATT HEAD
Fender mustang 1
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Distortion
Tanglewood exotic electro acoustic
Westfield Bass
if synyster gay can play it, then it cant be that hard. he's a complete toss...
Quote by cheames

I'm sure you're better, right?
i seriously hate people who say synyster is crap and sucks an all that, i dont get how they come to that conclusion really i dont =/
Beggles

Quote by the humanity

if he does not post pics, he obviously has installed a pickup and bridge on his house broom for some brutal sweep picking.

Quote by cheames

f**k you, go listen to soulfly who cant even go through one song without making some stupid screaming noises