Does anyone have tips on what should high pitched harmonics be played through? I mean those that Dimebag did? I know the technique for those, but I only have this cheap multi-effect/amp simulator thing and I was wondering what should I do with it in order to catch those harmonics and make them scream. As much gain and treble as possible?
yeah, but work on your technique as much as possible. just attack the string and hit the harmonics.
^^ Shouldn't. As long as you have lots of gain and maybe have the treble high, should make it alot easier.
"See, you're born punk. When you get your first haircut, then you're alternative. Then you let it grow long, then you're metal." - Kirk Hammett
Simply but, the more aggressive your vibrato is, the more it's gonna squeal. A lot of gain helps, and use your bridge pickup as well.
Gibson Les Paul Studio w/ EMG 81/85
Fender American Vintage Series '52 Telecaster
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland MicroCube
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Dunlop Rotovibe
Dunlop MXR EVH Phase 90
Dunlop MXR Zakk Wylde Overdrive
Boss CE-5
iSP Decimator
get a dimebag custom Crybaby, then turn the gain to full, mid to about 1/4, then turn the wah on and close it all the way. bridge to full, neck to about half, fiddle around with the tone. if you want even more scream, then get a duncan Dimebucker or a livewire (or whatever that line is called).
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
i forgot: Dunlop makes the dimewah.
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
Kid Fisto, you're giving a lot of useless advice. No "Dimeback Custom Crybaby" is needed, no neck pickup is needed. Just gain and the bridge pickup. That's it.
Gibson Les Paul Studio w/ EMG 81/85
Fender American Vintage Series '52 Telecaster
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland MicroCube
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Dunlop Rotovibe
Dunlop MXR EVH Phase 90
Dunlop MXR Zakk Wylde Overdrive
Boss CE-5
iSP Decimator
Actually you can make pich harmonics on acoustic guitars, it sounds really low but they will be louder the as you develop your skills.

Edit: My point i that you don't need any fancy gear or high amounts of gain if you do it right.
Last edited by Guitarmike123 at Mar 17, 2007,
if you wanna do the Dimebag squeals then a trem is a must for sure, but for regular ph acoustic guitar is good enough