Hi guys,
I tried to find a thread to answer my question but couldn't.

I broke a string on my electric guitar for the first time ever. Could you tell me how to fix it? Do I have to take apart the guitar?

I assume there are clamps in there holding the strings in but not sure how to get to them...

If you could please explain without using complicated terminology, as I am only aware of the "basic" parts names.

Thank you.
all you need to do is change the strings. it's not hard at all. just research "restringing electric guitars".
wow, it is easy! I didn't know the hole in the back of the body was for inserting new strings. I see the end of the string now. Thanks for your help!!
(phew, I was ready to unscrew the entire bridge looking for clamps. Good save!)
^^ Hahah. It just takes a bit of practise, make sure you don't wind the string over itself on the tuning peg.
"See, you're born punk. When you get your first haircut, then you're alternative. Then you let it grow long, then you're metal." - Kirk Hammett
in the basics section at the top there is a Q and A for string changing.

ill answer any other questions there. but u need to make sure u run that string up to the tuner then measure a couple inches past the tuner and kink the string there.

thread the string UP TO THE KINK, leaving the string floppy on the fretboard.

hold it there as u turn the key and tune up the string, picking up the slack, keeping each turn under the original insert.
that will ensure a couple of turns around the tuner.
clip the end.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
what is that supposed to mean?^
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011