Here is, yet another band I couldn't find in this forum. They're personally one of my favorites, but I know of a lot of people that hate them. I myself, like the Grand Illusion and Pieces of Eight album, but that's just my opinion. Anyways, discuss!

By the way, sorry if there already is a thread on them. I honestly couldn't find it.

Cheers.

EDIT: I found the Styx thread, but the last post in it was in August, so I'll just keep this one.
LOL
Last edited by DownInAHole. at Mar 17, 2007,
i like styx alot. favorite song is renegade, fav album is greatest hits (all i have...). tommy shaw is pretty cool. dennis deyoung is a great singer

80th best UGer
Styx aren't to bad, but the song BABE was just sooo damn annoying.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
I don't care for them that much, maybe that's because of radio overplay though.
Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Pi3h-B0y to join!

Member #17 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!

The Sinister Minister of Zeppelinism...Pm TheHeartbreaker to join.
Quote by Kingyem0c0re
Styx aren't to bad, but the song BABE was just sooo damn annoying.

It kind of is......."Babe I love you." I always thought the lyrics were cheesy myself.
LOL
styx kicks ass they were exactly what the public wanted at the time... why can't music kick ass much ass as it did then *sigh*

anyway styx is amazing they are rock and pop at its finest. renegade, blu collar man and come sail away are brilliant. they should have a Dennis DeYoung Reunion and tour the world!
I love Styx! I recently gave my greatest hits CD to my girlfriend because she seems like somebody who would make a good Styx fan. The only thing I was pissed off about was the fact that Renegade isn't on my greatest hits CD. But yes, Styx is definitely one of my favourite bands.
[img]http://myspace-774.vo.llnwd.net/00952/47/76/952176774_l.jpg[/img]
That's me, bitch!
I love Styx too but i don't have a lot of their albums, but i did see them in concert and it was great, they played Renegade, Come Sail Away and Blue Collar Man. But they didn't play suite madame blue (my favorite by them).

Babe is kinda annoying but in their own right they kicked ass.
I haven't listened to much of Styx, but Renegade and Come Sail Away are cool songs.

I wouldn't call myself a fan, but those songs, along with The Grand Illusion (I believe that is the song's name - either way, I didn't like it), are all I have heard.
Quote by Sirlancelot42
I love Styx too but i don't have a lot of their albums, but i did see them in concert and it was great, they played Renegade, Come Sail Away and Blue Collar Man. But they didn't play suite madame blue (my favorite by them).

Babe is kinda annoying but in their own right they kicked ass.

I think they may play Suite Madame Blue in their 17 song medley, I believe I heard it in it.

Personally, I love Snowblind and Miss America.
"...And I'm pretty sure what you did to my children's snowman is illegal, if not, sodomy."
-Stephen Colbert: 'The Colbert Report'
Love Miss America, that song is choice. I don't know, I'm a sucker for piano/organ/synth in songs so I love Styx. I like Fooling yourself and Grand Illusion too, sweet stuff.
Quote by richwatkinson
haha You pwned an entire website....i bow down...

TheDudeBox
Quote by BlueOyster23
I think they may play Suite Madame Blue in their 17 song medley, I believe I heard it in it.

Personally, I love Snowblind and Miss America.

Snowblind is good....
LOL
The beginning of the solo to Renegade blew my mind when I first heard it. That lick that he plays, the fast one, sounds so cool
Got Death Magnetic a day early!

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)
styx rocks no doubt, but where is there an accurate tab for "Fooling Yourself (The Angry Young Man)"? I have searched and searched in vain. I went to a concert of theirs a few yrs ago and bought a tab book at the time and it isn't in there even. anybody know where to find it? gotta luv the acoustic bits that Tommy Shaw plays in it.
I don't know, but why not just do it by ear? It's a lot more satisfying anyway...
Got Death Magnetic a day early!

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)
God, there hasn't been a post for over a year??

Styx is one of my favorite bands. Grand Illusion, Come Sail Away, and Miss America are my favorites by them.
I have more fun than normal people are allowed to have.

Quote by Kensai

Happy RUTAS everybody