Yeah, i got a crate vtx212b, and i find the distortion kind of... yeah, to "mr nice guy" kind. I want a overdriven hard, darker sound, like Zakk Wylde or Pantera, something overdistoreted. So any suggestions on pedals and stuff that would help?
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
- Jimi Hendrix (R.I.P)

"Nobody dies a virgin... Life fucks us all."
- Kurt Donald Cobain (R.I.P)
Quote by Jimi Wylde
Yeah, i got a crate vtx212b, and i find the distortion kind of... yeah, to "mr nice guy" kind. I want a overdriven hard, darker sound, like Zakk Wylde or Pantera, something overdistoreted. So any suggestions on pedals and stuff that would help?

pantera and pedals dime did it all with one simple wah that's all he had! but i dunno maybe distortion pedal with gain boost?
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC

Crates themselves never have had the 'Oooomph' type distortiong on the ones I've used...
People will probably recommend ad MT2/DS1 or something of that description around on these forums.

The Maxon distortion master is quite a nice pedal although I'm not certain on the price,
It gives plenty growl and heavy attack.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Overdrive pedal such as a tubescreamer or my favorite Visual Sounds Jekyll & Hyde.
Mite be good to get a better amp if you haven't got a good distortion on that, I have a peavy bandit and the only pedals i use are delay, chorus, compressor, reverb. So that might be a good idea, other wise if ya dont mind forkin out £150 then a Line 6 POD XT will give you a range of sounds.
Ibanez S520
Yamaha Pacifica 112 with JB.Jr Neck pickup
Ibanez Custom Blazer
Peavey Bandit 112, Marshall Valvestate 20
Marshall Jackhammer, Zoom 505 effects, Boss ME-50
Boss Pw 10 V Wah
Dunlop 1.5mm Picks, D'addario standard Strings
didn't dimebag use his sig mxr pedal? maybe i'm wrong, dunno..
- Jimi Hendrix (R.I.P)

both of those guitar gods use or used high-gain, hot roded tube heads like randall's or marshalls. . .
setup:
Jackson ke-3
Peavey supreme 100

Quote by Archaon
if I ever see a greenday kid throwing up the horns while listening to greenday, I'm going to have to kick his ass. I'm not saying they shouldn't be allowed to throw up the horns, just not to greenday.
Generally any pedal that has "Metal" in the name would be sufficient for what you're looking for. Try an MT-2, Metalzone, or Metal Muff.
Quote by Flyingmojo
both of those guitar gods use or used high-gain, hot roded tube heads like randall's or marshalls. . .

Yeah, i know, but i got into bls and heavy stuff like that after i bought my amp and i dont think i will buy a new one in a while, so i need a pedal who can get the same sound. Would it help to get a distortion pedal and a overdrive and run trough both at the same time?
- Jimi Hendrix (R.I.P)

Quote by Jimi Wylde
didn't dimebag use his sig mxr pedal? maybe i'm wrong, dunno..

he didnt score sponsorships till around vulgar dispaly of power and sig models. . .
setup:
Jackson ke-3
Peavey supreme 100

Quote by Archaon
if I ever see a greenday kid throwing up the horns while listening to greenday, I'm going to have to kick his ass. I'm not saying they shouldn't be allowed to throw up the horns, just not to greenday.
well basically your just gonna have to go to shops and test pedals out because people have different tastes to distortion
setup:
Jackson ke-3
Peavey supreme 100

Quote by Archaon