My 22 fret jackson neck on my RR3 has a cracked headstock and I can't seem to find one with sharktooth inlays and 22 fret, they all have 24.

I was wondering if a 24 could replace a 22?
My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR (EMG 85/81)
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Deuce
LOPO Custom 2x12 (Celestion V30s)
Quote by tabber666
My 22 fret jackson neck on my RR3 has a cracked headstock and I can't seem to find one with sharktooth inlays and 22 fret, they all have 24.

I was wondering if a 24 could replace a 22?

think so.... wouldn't make any difference would it? besides the 2 frets... but then again i'm not that certain... i think it could
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC

yeah dude i have a 24 fret jackson that use to have 22 frets.. its all the same thing it doesnt matter as long as you get the right neck size.
warmoth.com

EDIT

oh and for 24 frets, make sure the scale length is the same, you have to make sure the distance between the 12th fret and the nut, and the distance between the 12th fret and the bridge are identical.
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Squier SG (Specs Unknown)
Kustom KGA-10 Ten watt practice amp
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
No it would never work. The intonation would be ****ed. the scale length has to be constant and obviously the 2 frets are going to extend it. As a result your open string may be E but your twelveth and twenty fourth are going to be somthing completly different.

Ebay it.
Quote by Justin Credible
No it would never work. The intonation would be ****ed. the scale length has to be constant and obviously the 2 frets are going to extend it. As a result your open string may be E but your twelveth and twenty fourth are going to be somthing completly different.

Ebay it.

Not all 24 fret necks have a longer scale length than 22 fret necks. I have several guitars, some 24 and some 22. They all have a 25.5" scale.
^ yea...but some have different mounting points

also- some 24 necks would hit the pups-

and also- on 24 fret bodies- the bridge is usually a litle farther back i do believe- in order to keep the inotation good- but i dont know- i just know that my 24 fret body wouldnt fit a 22 fret neck- had to extend the neck 2 inches to make it work
Quote by tongue untied

also- some 24 necks would hit the pups-

That is a possibility. I guess it just depends on what brand neck / body combination you end up with.

Quote by tongue untied

and also- on 24 fret bodies- the bridge is usually a litle farther back i do believe- in order to keep the inotation good- but i dont know- i just know that my 24 fret body wouldnt fit a 22 fret neck- had to extend the neck 2 inches to make it work

This may also be a possibility. For the sake of interest, I checked a few of my guitars. I compared the following:

1. 1997 Ibanez RG270DX - Floyd Rose styled tremolo, 24 frets, 25.5" scale
2. Lag Rockline - Floyd Rose styled tremolo, 22 frets, 25.5" scale
3. Kaman GTX 23 - Strat styled tremolo, 22 frest, 25.5" scale

The point at each bridge where the strings rest on the saddles measures right about 13.5" from the top of the 12th fret on each of these guitars.
If the guitar has a neck pickup, no. You won't be able to fit the neck on as it is.

You will have to move the neck pickup closer to the bridge to be able to squeeze the extra 2 frets in there.

thomasgrant, the distance from the 12th fret to the saddles should be 12.75 inches.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
fiddling with the neck is too risky if you dont know what your doing so try and find a 22 fret neck with the shark tooth inlays
Quote by sg255
This fine fellow speaks the truth.

Quote by GD_GC
dude sonic music??? you're my hero!

Quote by tanglewoodguit
Love you

Quote by Jackolas
I can't find a jackson 22 fret w/ shark tooth inlays anywhere!

Ebay only has 24f ones
My Gear:

^ um, I was kinda looking for one with the Jackson decal and not a reversed headstock
My Gear:

Have you talked to the shop about getting a replacement neck? Or maybe, as stated before, getting it repaired?
Quote by Justin Credible
Have you talked to the shop about getting a replacement neck? Or maybe, as stated before, getting it repaired?

What shop? I bought it from a friend, not a shop. Also, there are no Jackson dealers in the UK that supply parts for them

Also, yeah, I know I can get it fixed, but it will always looks cosmetically damaged and be fragile. Also, if I ever want to sell it, it will be easier with a new neck
My Gear:

erm i dunno man but my teacher got his l;es paul's neck repaired after the headstock cam off (he dropped it in a case) and you can hardly tell the neck cracked and its more solid than before beccause there was a metal reinforcment rod stuck in the break