Well I have just gotton our single back from mastering and it sounds great! This song has had some quality studio time (along with the rest of the still-in-production cd) and I'm curious as to your guys' opinions on any elements of the song you can think of. We have been writing alot of new material and this is some of the older stuff reworked. (the other 2 recordings are sh!t, we fired that engineer/producer) But the song is End of Time and it will play 1st as you load it. Thanks guys. www.myspace.com/hearstandardissue

- The Standard Issue
WOW Mate that is incredible, just added you to my friends, that isnt usually my sorta thing but that really is something else, nice job!!!
Ibanez S520
Yamaha Pacifica 112 with JB.Jr Neck pickup
Ibanez Custom Blazer
Peavey Bandit 112, Marshall Valvestate 20
Marshall Jackhammer, Zoom 505 effects, Boss ME-50
Boss Pw 10 V Wah
Dunlop 1.5mm Picks, D'addario standard Strings
Wow, I am really honestly impressed, to the point where I felt the need to leave a comment. It sounds great, but the only suggestion I have is...how do I put this...I guess just tell your singer to loosen up a bit. The lyrics are cool but sometimes when he says like "the loss of elation" it sounds like hes really forcing it out of himself and it doesn't sound natural. It's not that big of a deal but just something to think about. But I really do think you guys have something good going on here, so keep it up.
"If you can do a half-assed job of anything, you're a one-eyed man in a kingdom of the blind."
-Kurt Vonnegut
I really like it, particularly when the guitar follows the voice (I like the transition too at 1.20). I like the guitar's tone too. The only thing that slightly unsettles me is the way the voice fits in the mix, and I can't really hear your bassist (if you actually have one).
But still I like this song. How long have you been playing?
Quote by Pharoah
Can God create a hot dog so hot even he couldn't eat it?

Lyke omg D@ @p0OcpLpSYe.
Quote by Kroach
I really like it, particularly when the guitar follows the voice (I like the transition too at 1.20). I like the guitar's tone too. The only thing that slightly unsettles me is the way the voice fits in the mix, and I can't really hear your bassist (if you actually have one).
But still I like this song. How long have you been playing?

Thanks for the comments guys, I truly do appreciate it. Well as the set members together playing it's been about a year. The core of the band has been together for 3, and started off acoustic pop. We got a lead guitarist in and this song was one of the 1st he wrote when he joined about a year and a half ago. The music has changed to be much more rock now. The newer songs we have been writing are more tailored to fit our singers voice. I know he doesn't have your typical rock voice, but he knows how to hit a note solid and hold it lol

And yes we have a bassist, not sure why you can't hear it though, it's there. It's funny though, people ask who we sound like and I couldn't really tell you, but between the 5 of us influences range all the way from metallica and killswitch engage to john mayer and dave matthews haha.
Last edited by JackFlash19 at Mar 17, 2007,
lol you guys made it sound like these guys were amazing...just another generic band that i cant see making it. prove me wrong?
Tool kicks ass
he may be a jerk, but he's got a point:

What are you going to do to distinguish yourselfs from the millions of other pop rock groups clogging radio stations everywhere?
Too cool for a signature.
Quote by JackFlash19
I dunno, why don't you point me to your band page....

i didnt say my bands better, i just said that i dont think you guys are gonna make it with that bland radio rock. Bands have to stand out in order to be noticed, and you guys sound like a lot of bands i hear on the radio all day. Did you post for constructive criticism or to boost your ego? dont get offended if people dont dig your tunes
Tool kicks ass
I know not everyone will like our music, that's just the nature of peoples tastes, but I asked for comments on any specific song elements you could think of. Whether or not we make it is irrelevant to my original post. If you heard the rest of the songs we have recorded you would think otherwise. Everyone is entitled to thier own opinion whether we are awesome or we totally suck. I'm not mad or angry at any of you, and trust me, we think about what sets us apart all the time. I know we don't suck, and I never said that we were amazing, you just gave me no constructive criticism thats all. I will send you the cd when we are done with it, and then I will have proven you wrong.
Really awesome man, I think the vocals could use some work, but not enough to ruin that splendid song.
If you see a poor child, don't give a fish, give him a guitar.
Firstly, whoever produced/recorded/mastered that did a real good job, sounds really nice, same with the guitar tone, really good stuff.
As has been mentioned, I really liked the guitar following the vocal melody in the second verse (I think that was where it came in), that was really nice.
I can't really hear the bass much, but it sounds like pretty standard, solid stuff.
The vocals aren't really my sort of thing though, don't get me wrong, it fits fairly well in the song, I'm just not too keen on them, they seem to not have too much energy in them?

Either way, it was pretty good, not the sort of thing that I'd normally listen to, but was pretty decent, only thing I'd work on really would be the vocals.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?