I am trying to tune my guitar down to drop C but I can not seem to get an C note on my guitar. I am using a 20 dollar tuner and I tuned the low E down to see if I could even get a C note and it goes from E to D to B to A, there is no C at all. So please help me out!!
I suspect your tuner isnt chromatic, so it only has on it the normal tuning notes for a guitar. Just play the 6th string at the 9th fret until its the same pitch as the open A string.
If you have the rest of the strings tuned to drop C, play what used to be the D string and tune the E string to that string just like you would tune to drop D from standerd.
"See, you're born punk. When you get your first haircut, then you're alternative. Then you let it grow long, then you're metal." - Kirk Hammett
is there a bass mode? if so put it on that. i play in drop A so i know these things
NYLON ACOUSTICS!

Quote by Stop Messin'
Circle jerk eh? Jeez look out Eddie Van Halen, The_Clap is making a Spankenstrat

Quote by zeppelinpage4
Yeah no foreplay needed with a Blues Jr. she'll warm herself up.
Quote by bluewilliams
I suspect your tuner isnt chromatic, so it only has on it the normal tuning notes for a guitar. Just play the 6th string at the 9th fret until its the same pitch as the open A string.

do i do that for the D, G, B, and E strings also?

Edit: When i play the low E on the 9th fret it comes out as a D note, im a beginner so all i know how to tune too is standard E A D G B e
Last edited by LeGaCyGiAnT124 at Mar 17, 2007,
drop c, hold the string your tuning at the 4th fret, and then tune it to like a normal eadgbe or whatever they are, when you let it go you'll be in drop c!!! but thats super low dude. into deathmetal, eh?
Quote by bi-ah!
drop c, hold the string your tuning at the 4th fret, and then tune it to like a normal eadgbe or whatever they are, when you let it go you'll be in drop c!!! but thats super low dude. into deathmetal, eh?

Yes sir
Quote by guitarkid7
Just use this link, and go through the steps from standard tuning. https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=437340

that is the tutorial I was refrencing to when i was trying to tune it. I cant get a C on any fret of my guitar, but your saying just tune my guitar by starting with the thickest string at the 9th fret and match the A up to it? So what are my notes going to be after im done tuning it to drop c?

like standard is E A D G B e but what will mine be then so i have an idea of what I want and make it easier on my part, thanks for the help so far guys!
Quote by LeGaCyGiAnT124
I am trying to tune my guitar down to drop C but I can not seem to get an C note on my guitar. I am using a 20 dollar tuner and I tuned the low E down to see if I could even get a C note and it goes from E to D to B to A, there is no C at all. So please help me out!!

Set up your tuner so that you will tune to B#.
That's what my tuner is like.

Check your tuner's instructions to figure out how you can do that.
METALLICA.
Hold your 4th fret on the low E string and tune to an E. Letting go of the 4th fret on the low E string and hitting the E string will produce the C note.
Quote by bi-ah!

Lol, drop C isn't that low....My friend used to play in drop A because when he went into drop G the strings were too loose.....and a lot of death metal uses drop B.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
Lol, drop C isn't that low....My friend used to play in drop A because when he went into drop G the strings were too loose.....and a lot of death metal uses drop B.

The C in Drop C is the 4th fret, the rest of the strings are tuned from the 2th fret (when using the fretted EADGBe method thingy)