I had a guitar broken by UPS. Any suggestions on what to do with it now?

-Epiphone Riviera w/ Bigsby and Gibson 490r/498t combo
-Epiphone Es-333 Delonge Edition
-Fender Twin Reverb '65
insured?

If so, then File a claim. If not, I don't know.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
was that a LP Special Faded?
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
Go postal?

You should... Bitch out UPS until they cave, if they don't cave just keep bitching.
UPS already denied my claim..and I'm tired of them...I want to rebuild it...any suggestions?
-Fender Twin Reverb '65
Quote by walker-rose
was that a LP Special Faded?

No, it was a special natural.
-Fender Twin Reverb '65
You could call up Gibson and ask them about the warranty and all that, or get a professional to glue the neck back on... I know Gibson does that, fix up majorly screwed guitars and make them real nice and all that. Idk, check out their website.
Quote by lieutfunaki
UPS already denied my claim..and I'm tired of them...I want to rebuild it...any suggestions?

UPS always denies your claim the 1st time. You have to file at least 2 times before they even look at it. I used to make neon signs. I shipped one UPS and they ran over it with a fork lift. When I said they damaged it they said it was due to improper packing. I'd talk to them again.

It shouldn't be too hard to glue the neck back on. I'd get a quote from a luthier, if it's too high then glue it on yourself. You just need a couple clamps and some tightbond.
Not taking any online orders.
That really is a bummer. If they deny your claims more I suggest gluing it back yourself.

How well does it fit? Do you have all the little pieces that chipped off or did any chip off?
If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is - Infinite.

http://thetravellingtrip.dmusic.com
^^ some sort of strange new slimey brew, its a psychedelic mess.
Check it out
Sue the mother****ers. And if you get more you could buy something else like a Marshall. Assuming you play blues so Marshall would do it.
The clock strikes midnight
When tomorrow and today collide
The moon is at its highest
And the twilight seems fitting
For in these moments
The light at the end of the world
Shines like a thousand suns....

Victor Gutierrez
I may glue it myself...it fits beautifully, and yes I have all the little pieces. I've glued necks before...and tightbond works wonders.

Yeah, UPS told me that the packaging was insufficient. But it's been sitting in my garage for a while now, and my roomie chucked the packaging before I could refile my claim.
-Fender Twin Reverb '65
As you can see in the pic, pieces of the body are still stuck to the neck, any suggestion of how to remove those without destroying things? I understand steam may be useful?
-Fender Twin Reverb '65
Why do you need to remove them? WHy not glue it as is, if it fits well?
If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is - Infinite.

http://thetravellingtrip.dmusic.com
^^ some sort of strange new slimey brew, its a psychedelic mess.
Check it out
Primarily because I'd like to refinish it. I figure glue lines will show...and the body had imperfections as it was. It'd be cleaner to refinish the body without the neck being involved in the picture...so...removing the pieces from the neck, refinishing it, and then regluing the neck seems like the best plan to me.
-Fender Twin Reverb '65
The glue lines will be visible regardless of if you take off the little wood peices or not.

Out of curiousity, how much did you pay for that guitar? It seems odd that a set neck would suddenly come unset because of mishandling on UPS' part.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Quote by Will_Minus
The glue lines will be visible regardless of if you take off the little wood peices or not.

Out of curiousity, how much did you pay for that guitar? It seems odd that a set neck would suddenly come unset because of mishandling on UPS' part.

I bought it for 450ish...I think, it was a while ago... I agree and it is possible that it was broken before. But, I will say that the box was nearly bent in half when I got it back...and had multiple holes in it. UPS did something pretty serious to it.

Regarding your glue lines comment. I plan to refinish it, as stated above...a solid color...and I'd prefer to do that without the neck in place. Meaning that, ideally, the pieces be taken off the neck, glued on the body, the body be stripped and refinished, and then the neck be reattached.
-Fender Twin Reverb '65
You can sell it on ebay,claiming that it's one of the guitars that Pete Townshend smashed,or:
You can glue it back together,it will probably be even stronger.
Most set necks are finished with the neck attatched. When I say most, I mean damn near all.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:

Quote by Will_Minus
Most set necks are finished with the neck attatched. When I say most, I mean damn near all.

So that means he'll have to refinish the guitar?
The threadstarter said that he'll be refinishing the guitar.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:

If you leave the little bits of the body on the neck and glue the neck on before finishing then it’s going to make it easier to get the neck to line up properly, but if you do want to take the off and do the body and neck separate then you are correct about the steam.
Not taking any online orders.
Sue UPS, get an amp with the money, and fglue ur neck back on.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Quote by eddiehimself
Sue UPS, get an amp with the money, and fglue ur neck back on.

Actually I'm REALLY happy with my current amp setup. I have the twin reverb...running my guitar through both channels at the same time with one running clean and the other running through a distortion pedal. The sound is dirty, and chrystal clear at the same time...so I'd rather make a custom Les Paul at the moment ;-)
-Fender Twin Reverb '65
Quote by Will_Minus

yeah...considering your comment and that of corduroy...I think I will glue it, and ensure that it is once more playable, and then mask it off and refinish it. I am just paranoyed that I am gonna mess up the finish on the neck, or overspray on it. And I'd like to leave the neck exactly as it is.
-Fender Twin Reverb '65
Quote by lieutfunaki
Actually I'm REALLY happy with my current amp setup. I have the twin reverb...running my guitar through both channels at the same time with one running clean and the other running through a distortion pedal. The sound is dirty, and chrystal clear at the same time...so I'd rather make a custom Les Paul at the moment ;-)

well u don't have to get an amp, just as long as u sue UPS and glue ur neck back on aswell.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
All UPS shipments are instured for 100 bucks automatically so they owe you that at least. They accept the packaging when they accept the package. They are to give you the insured amount out of the package. File again b/c that is BS.

This is what she is at the moment...this is what I'm thinking of making her into.
The neck humbucker will be wired to an extra switch that allows for isolation of one coil of the pickup...which will be wired out of phase with the bridge bucker...this way when the pickup selector is in the middle position, and the neck bucker is in "single-coil" mode, the guitar will produce a tiny weak sound that I use on my fender for intros.

Also, notice that a single volume control will be the only knob, and that one of the knob holes will be drilled slightly larger to accomodate a face-mounted 1/4" plug.

-Fender Twin Reverb '65
who shipped it to you? i'm sure they remember what it was.

and what's with the purple fretboard?
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!