well im having trouble finding a good anti-virus program, i have one now but i dont like it, it takes way too long to scan, so could you guys help me find a name to a good program perferribly free (or at least easy to pirate ) thanks
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
i have AVG free edition.
its made by grisoft so google that.
pretty decent.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Avast, AVG free. from www.download.com

But virus scanning does take a while because it scans all the files on your computer. What do you expect? for a scan to be done in 20 seconds?
j/w will it interfere with the quality of the virus scan if say u have like 3 different anti virus things? not all running at the same time.
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
the AVG is the one i already have

i used to have MCAfee the 2006 version which i adored, but because i had to get my computer fixed i lost that program and i heard the new McAfee sucks. any other suggestions?

EDIT: no i dont expect it to be done i 20 seconds, but i also dont expect it to be done in 3 hours
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

Last edited by Waterboy799 at Mar 17, 2007,
I (as many others here) got AVG, and got no complains.
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
I would appriciate to have AVG 7.1 but I believe that the free edition works just as well
Joey! Watch your speed!
so can anyone answer my question?
if they dont run at the same time then no there's no reason why the quality of the scan should be affected.

now anyone have any more suggestions?
Quote by Scutchington

A Brain Malfunction

ok thanks, my friend told me about some program i think its called panda something... i forget but he says its pretty good, any info on that one?
Quote by C.C. Deville
j/w will it interfere with the quality of the virus scan if say u have like 3 different anti virus things? not all running at the same time.

Yes, it can be affected. In order to recognise viruses, some anti-virus software keeps samples on your computer. If you run other anti-virus software on it, they can pick up the samples. This has happened to me before now.
PLAY UP POMPEY

POMPEY PLAY UP!

Thats funny cause' my AVG doesn't take that long to scan - maybe you just have a crapload of junk on your pc. Spybot search and destroy and Ad-Aware SE personal are good - but they arent antivirus
Quote by rworsl
Yes, it can be affected. In order to recognise viruses, some anti-virus software keeps samples on your computer. If you run other anti-virus software on it, they can pick up the samples. This has happened to me before now.

aww i will nvr be safe... for some reason my mcafee wont let me uninstill it, i go to add/remove programs and uninstall but it just flashes for a sec and nothing happens... is thier a way i can go in and manually uninstall it?
you can remove the program files from the directory and the registry, but be careful you don't wanna go mucking about, particularly in the registry, as you can severely screw your comp up. Find out what it installs, then remove them.
PLAY UP POMPEY

POMPEY PLAY UP!

^nope there cant be alot of crap on my computer seeing as i got it re-formatted maybe....2 weeks ago. i already have ad-aware SE

http://www.download.com/Panda-Antivirus-Firewall-2007/3000-2239_4-10578082.html?tag=lst-0-1

it doesnt seem that good though
Quote by Scutchington

A Brain Malfunction

Quote by Waterboy799
^nope there cant be alot of crap on my computer seeing as i got it re-formatted maybe....2 weeks ago. i already have ad-aware SE

http://www.download.com/Panda-Antivirus-Firewall-2007/3000-2239_4-10578082.html?tag=lst-0-1

it doesnt seem that good though

adaware is good for spyware but it's not antivirus. I have ad-aware and spybot, both work pretty good. Also pestpatrol might be good but I've never used it. my dad did once or twice.

Not sure about good decent free quick anti-virus software, I have norton anti-virus and have no problems, but it's not free with the subscriptions and whatnot.
Save a drum, Bang a drummer!

Quote by Dragatear
You guys are REALLY strict. Worse than neopets.

Quote by Tyler Wright
cokesodanotdrug, your a bitch.
Quote by rworsl
you can remove the program files from the directory and the registry, but be careful you don't wanna go mucking about, particularly in the registry, as you can severely screw your comp up. Find out what it installs, then remove them.

how am i supposed to know where all that stuff is ?
EDIT: isnt avg anti SPYWARE isnt that and anti virus two different things?
Last edited by C.C. Deville at Mar 17, 2007,
Quote by C.C. Deville
how am i supposed to know where all that stuff is ?

google it, you should be able to find the installation files.
PLAY UP POMPEY

POMPEY PLAY UP!

yeah i found a patch that deletes all the mcafee files from ure computer on thier web site