Okay, so I've had a Boss GT-6 for about 2 years now, and I think I'm gonna ditch it and start buying individual pedals. This processor is great because you can get soooo many sounds out of it, but often I find myself simply scrolling through different presets instead of fine tuning and trying to find my own special tone. I've also found that pedals sound waaaaay better. I currently have a digitech synth wah and hot head, as well as some compressor (don't know the brand) and a big muff pi clone that simply rocks. I play mostly alternative/modern rock, but I'm also looking to really get some freaky/unique sounds. I'm looking in to getting an EH tube-zipper, but I was wondering what suggestions some of you might have. Also, if you disagree and think I should stick with the processor, I'd like to know. Any thoughts??

-Michael
2004 Fender Mexi Fat Strat
SD JB in Bridge, Cool Rails in neck and Vintage Rails in Middle.
Fender Princeton 650 Amp
Boss GT-6, Digitech Hot Head, Digitech Synth Wah, Big Muff Pi copy, Compressor Pedal
individual pedals are always better than processors

but the best ones are analog true bypass pedals. which you should only have
NYLON ACOUSTICS!

Quote by Stop Messin'
Circle jerk eh? Jeez look out Eddie Van Halen, The_Clap is making a Spankenstrat

Quote by zeppelinpage4
Yeah no foreplay needed with a Blues Jr. she'll warm herself up.
Individual pedals are more tweakable, sound better, you can position them differently, change them, mod them and so on.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by R_H_C_P
Individual pedals are more tweakable, sound better, you can position them differently, change them, mod them and so on.

And you can switch on all at the same time! *prepares for sonic mayhem*

I don't have too many pedals yet (will I ever? ), so it still sounds relatively good with them all on at the same time.
I get a big loud fuzzy mess. Niiiiice.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by R_H_C_P
I get a big loud fuzzy mess. Niiiiice.

I get a loud big fuzzy, swirly (thanks to my TR-2) mess. It's very intense.