Hi, sorry if this is a common/dumb question, but is there any issues with running a pickup designed for the bridge position in the neck position? I just picked up an epiphone dot studio and have a bridge position seymour duncan invader that I would like to replace the stock neck pickup with. Thanks
bridge pickups usually have a higher output than neck pickups because the strings vibrate less at the bridge position

thats about as much as i can tell you
i guess it would work though
it wont sound the same as in the bridge position though

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Sometimes guitars need to have a shorter feet on the pickups bassplate when in the neck position. This is the only issue you might run into, but it's not that big of a deal. If the pickup fits into the gutiar it will work. Hendriko is right about the higher output of the bridge pickups. It doesn't hurt anything to have a higher output, it just makes the pickup louder and loweres the resonant peak.
Not taking any online orders.
Actually,I have a Superdistortion type humbucker that supposed to go in the bridge,but I putted it in the neck,and it actually sounds quite nice.
Quote by Ferdinandstrat
Actually,I have a Superdistortion type humbucker that supposed to go in the bridge,but I putted it in the neck,and it actually sounds quite nice.

LOL "putted it" rugratz grammer much?

but wouldn't that make the bridge position sound quieter when you switch?
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Squier SG (Specs Unknown)
Kustom KGA-10 Ten watt practice amp
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
if you have the volume at the same level for both pups
it would

thats when a guitar with 2 volume knobs comes in handy

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame