Neil Young is finally putting out a bunch of live albums he has made. So far there is "Live at the Fillmore East" w/ Crazy Horse, and "Live at Massey Hall". Anybody got any of these yet? They're supposed to be excellent live albums. I'm going to just wait until they all come in a box set thing so I can just buy them all at once.
OH SHIT! I completely forgot that the second release just came out recently! I have to pick that up...solo show from '73

I have the first release, Live at the Fillmore, and it is a very good (however short) live album.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
^ yeah, i previewed a lot of the Massey Hall show and it made me even more excited about it. it's really cool hearing songs like Down By the River and Cowgirl in the Sand acoustic.
^^do you have CSNY's 4 Way Street live album? Neil does a great acoustic medley of the Loner, Cinnamon Girl, and Down By The River.
Quote by Thefallofman
I bought Massey Hall, awesome record, its weird to hear the crowd not cheering their asses off for songs like Old Man and Heart of Gold.
Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Pi3h-B0y to join!

Member #17 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!

The Sinister Minister of Zeppelinism...Pm TheHeartbreaker to join.
Quote by BrainDamage
^^do you have CSNY's 4 Way Street live album? Neil does a great acoustic medley of the Loner, Cinnamon Girl, and Down By The River.

i have it on vinyl.
I need to buy Massey Hall, but i dunno if its out hear in Oz. I've heard its a long concert.
I gotta get me some more Neil with Crazyhorse...ive got Ragged Glory which is sweet...but I NEED MORE!!!
Quote by I Play Guitar!
Neil Young is finally putting out a bunch of live albums he has made. So far there is "Live at the Fillmore East" w/ Crazy Horse, and "Live at Massey Hall". Anybody got any of these yet? They're supposed to be excellent live albums. I'm going to just wait until they all come in a box set thing so I can just buy them all at once.

I've got them both. They are awesome.
Amazon (which is where I go for reviews before I buy ) has Massey Hall listed as CD/DVD. I take it the DVD is video from the same show, correct?
Quote by Thefallofman