I love the idea of a Fender Bass VI, effectively a guitar dropped an octave. But the recent reissues are all a bit out of my price range. Does anyone make a 6-string bass like this?
alot of brands do, shecters got some real nice ones.

but if you just want a 6-stringer check ebay theyre always around
http://www.burnsguitars.com/product.php?product_id=barracuda

Probably your best bet for a cheap Bass VI. I've played one, it wasn't my thing but it was certainly nice enough. They sell for about $600 USD or so.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Sounds to me like an excuse.

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Most Bitter/Cynical member of the Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
Quote by Ragafusion
alot of brands do, shecters got some real nice ones.

but if you just want a 6-stringer check ebay theyre always around

He doesn't mean a 6-string bass, technically. The Fender Bass VI is basically a short scale bass with 6 strings. It's tuned EADGBE, just like a normal guitar - but one octave down.

Look around on ebay for Bass VI copies, or maybe a Microfrets Baritone (a Bass VI copy with a slightly different body shape) and things like that.
Gear:
SX SJB62-5 5-String Fretless Jazz Copy (EADGC)
Ibanez GSR200 4-String Fretted (BEAD)
Ibanez IBZ10B 10 Watt Practice Combo Amp
DR Stainless Steel Lo-Riders
Yamaha Air Cell Straps
Quote by canadianpunk071
http://www.burnsguitars.com/product.php?product_id=barracuda

Probably your best bet for a cheap Bass VI. I've played one, it wasn't my thing but it was certainly nice enough. They sell for about $600 USD or so.

Hahaha, everything looked good until I saw the actual picture of the guitar. Why did they have to make it so ugly?

And to everyone here, I just want to echo what shut_up_you_*** said: this is a special form of a baritone guitar. The extra two strings added to the bass are both on the higher registers, not the lower ones.
All I have to say is... That's cool. I kind of want one now... I've never heard of this before, so I'm sorry I can't recommend any alternatives.
Quote by GreenDayChris
I drink, and say oi occasionally. but I can't get laid to save my life.

Quote by Symphonic_Chaos
MX4Life you fucking godhaha
What about the fender Jaguar VI?
Guitars
Fender Classic 60's Jazz Bass
Squier P-Bass
Fender Classic '50s Strat
Parkwood Western
Terada Classic
Amps
Ampeg SVT150H
Ampeg B410HE
Behringer BX600
FX
Boss OS2
Boss DS1
Boss TU3
Digitech RP100A
Quote by Banana Ocean
What about the fender Jaguar VI?

You're either referring to the Bass VI, which has the Jaguar body, or the Jaguar baritone. In either case, you didn't read the thread.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

I DID read the thread and the Bass VI doesn't have a jaguar body, and I didnt mean the Jaguar Baritone.........I meant an other one...just can't find it anymore :P
Guitars
Squier P-Bass
Parkwood Western
Terada Classic
Amps
Ampeg SVT150H
Ampeg B410HE
Behringer BX600
FX
Boss OS2
Boss DS1
Boss TU3
Digitech RP100A
Quote by Banana Ocean
I DID read the thread and the Bass VI doesn't have a jaguar body, and I didnt mean the Jaguar Baritone.........I meant an other one...just can't find it anymore :P

Really? I hadn't noticed...

Bass Vi

Jaguar

As for "the other one", do you mean that one that doesn't exist?
Quote by MetalUpTheAss

I can see a difference.....
Attachments:
JaguarBass VI.JPG
Guitars
Squier P-Bass
Parkwood Western
Terada Classic
Amps
Ampeg SVT150H
Ampeg B410HE
Behringer BX600
FX
Boss OS2
Boss DS1
Boss TU3
Digitech RP100A
As for "the other one", do you mean that one that doesn't exist?

It was on the fender site a while ago...But they removed...maybe it went out of production...
Guitars
Squier P-Bass
Parkwood Western
Terada Classic
Amps
Ampeg SVT150H
Ampeg B410HE
Behringer BX600
FX
Boss OS2
Boss DS1
Boss TU3
Digitech RP100A
Quote by Banana Ocean

Oh no, they slightly changed the upper horn for better balance, and changed the control layout to suit each instrument! It's nothing at all like a Jaguar body, I was 100% wrong.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss

Quote by Banana Ocean
It was on the fender site a while ago...But they removed...maybe it went out of production...

Fender recently discontinued the baritone jag. That was probably what you were thinking of.
Quote by Banana Ocean

The guitar on the left is the baritone jag, since it has two pick-ups. The one on the right is either the regular jag or the Bass VI, which both feature three pick-ups. The Bass VI is a jag body, period.
Quote by DMCrimson
Fender recently discontinued the baritone jag. That was probably what you were thinking of.

It's still on the site. We went over that already.

Quote by DMCrimson
The guitar on the left is the baritone jag, since it has two pick-ups. The one on the right is either the regular jag or the Bass VI, which both feature three pick-ups. The Bass VI is a jag body, period.

Left: Reissue Jaguar guitar. (FYI the Jaguar guitar has 2 pickups. You're likely thinking of the Cyclone II, which had 3 Jaguar pups in it.)
http://fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0100900883

Right: Bass VI

Enough of this crap, he can't afford a Bass VI and Fender does not make a different Bass VI.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss

Last edited by canadianpunk071 at Mar 18, 2007,