i want to start some slap bass when jamming in my band, can anyone give me any tips as to how to make slap bass lines that sound effective and funky?
learn some scales and add hammer ons and some slapping and popping and stuff.
Quote by Damaged Roses
I don't really understand why basses have 24 frets, I mean, I've never seen a bassist playing more than the 12 fret.

My Gear-
Warwick Double Buck
Epiphone EB0
GK MB 210
Fender Rumble
my opinion is to use it in moderation, to get the whole effect. after a chorus or something. i find if you use slap too much, it loses its touch. people dont notice you as much. im not saying be an attention wh*re, but as a bass player its harder to get the spotlight, so you have to catch the audience off guard. maybe even in a song, as your band members to give you a measure or two and just fill in with some slappin. always do some muted slaps too.
Quote by Metalology

................../´¯/)
...............,/¯..//
............./....//
....../´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
.../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
.('( ...´(..´......,~/'...')
..\.................\/..../
...''...\.......... _.·´
....\..........(

bassmonkey16@nexopia
Quote by bassmonkey16
my opinion is to use it in moderation, to get the whole effect. after a chorus or something. i find if you use slap too much, it loses its touch. people dont notice you as much. im not saying be an attention wh*re, but as a bass player its harder to get the spotlight, so you have to catch the audience off guard. maybe even in a song, as your band members to give you a measure or two and just fill in with some slappin. always do some muted slaps too.

i find this to be very true... i was at a concert where hardcore bands were playing, and in the middle of a song, the bassist started doing what sounded like slapping (wasn't actually slapping, though :confused and everybody turned their head and looked at him and they were like
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up