So i have this organ tube amp thats basically been sitting around for the past 6 months and i was wondering what it would take to make a guitar amp out of it. My dad said it could be done but working with tubes is very dangerous, true?
EDIT: Sorry for the mixup but the amp was built in and i took it out so basically i have a chaisis w/ no inputs but all the essential amp parts still attatched and wires hanging out. Ill post pics sometime tomorrow afternoon.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Last edited by soul_power at Mar 18, 2007,
True. But then again, any project involving electricity is. But I don't think you'll find anyone on UG who can help you with it.

Good luck though.
what do you use to plug an organ into the amp? i have never seen an organ amp, put lots of pics up and ill try and help.
if its got the correct inputs (a 1/4' jack), then just try plugging in. be careful though, and turn things up slowly, incase you get all sorts of wierd and wonderful noises through it.

and post some pics...
Quote by Dave_Mc
how do those marshall handles compare tonewise to, say, mesa handles?

Owns a Blackheart Little Giant...
You should be able to play already. Assuming the jacks are correct. Ive played a bass through an organ amp.
If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is - Infinite.

http://thetravellingtrip.dmusic.com
^^ some sort of strange new slimey brew, its a psychedelic mess.
Check it out
Ok sorry for the confusion, the amp was built into the organ along w/ a 212 cab so basically what i have is a chaisis that has all the parts attatched to it. I can post pics of it tomorrow.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.