So I'm having a little trouble picking the intro chords precisely
(the ones that go)
V
1 1 1 5
3 3 3 3
2 3 4 5 etc...
0 0 0 0

In the song, its played with all downstrokes but what I can't figure out is how to hit the chords with all downstrokes and hitting all four strings repeatedly at the song's tempo. What'll happen is a) I start missing strings (top or bottom) after the first few beats because my pick starts to tilt at an angle or b) my wrist will start tensing up, which is bad.

Could those of you who can play it up to speed please explain your wrist/picking technique for me? eg - wrist anchored? how to hold pick? etc
Quote by Roc8995
Thin necks make you play faster because guitars with thin necks sound thin and bad, and you play fast to distract people from the bad tone.
It's just a matter of practicing it, there's no special technique involved.

Just practice it at a speed where you can do it very easily with no mistakes, and each day raise the speed just the slightest bit. There will be some tension in your wrist as you get to greater speeds, but the trick to that is simply surpass the speed you need to play the song at, and when you actually play at normal tempo the tension will no longer be there.
Quote by The Duder
I don't play it like that at all. Play it like this...

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/m/megadeth/hangar_18_ver3_tab.htm

it sounds better and is easier to play.

EDIT: Yeah that guy above me hit the nail on the head. I thought you were talking about the fretting hand.

But theyre the same chords??.....
Quote by Roc8995
Thin necks make you play faster because guitars with thin necks sound thin and bad, and you play fast to distract people from the bad tone.