How do you do volume swells? is ther a pedal? or what?

thanks in advance.
Something's Changed

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
you can use the volume knob on your guitar?
'57 Reissue Gibson Les Paul Custom, Jackson Soloist SL2H
Marshall MF350
Cry Baby, Carbon Copy, Phase 90

Quote by strat0blaster
I remember this one time - Jesus played Eruption on a lute with strings made from the hair of 23 virgins.

It was pretty hardcore.
you hit a note and rotate the volume know on your guitar up and down and up and down etc and it will do volume swells. or you can do it once, fading a note out or bringing it louder =D
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

Listen to Estranged by Guns N' Roses, Slash does his volume swells with the knob on his guitar, it is easy to do with a bit of pratice
Ibanez S520EX
Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Les Paul w/ Killswitch
Fender 12-string Acoustic
Fender Champion300 (to be changed soon to a Tube Amp)
Ibanez TS-9 Overdrive pedal
Boss PW-10 pedal
You can use a volume pedal to do it. I think theres also some pedals with an 'auto volume swell' effect which automatically reduces the attack of each note you play. I may be wrong about that one though.
Member #5 of Agile LP over Epiphone LP Club.
Contact iamtehwalrus768 to join.
Ernie ball volume pedal

It makes it easier to swell when your full-on playing. Adam jones of tool uses one, prevelant in songs like "No Quarter" and "Forty-six and 2"