DimebagJosho
mmmmm
1,118 IQ
kk i dont know much bout floyd roses apart from theyv got a beastly sound, iv seen em on les paul studios, but is it possible to fit one in a les paul custom.. to most people its probably a stupid question, and if it is how much would it cost to get one fitted in.. cheers .. oh ye and im new so cool lol..
CvPrEpKiLLaH
Hg-80 Alu-Beam
323 IQ
umm the easiest way to get a double locking tremolo on a les paul is using one of the bigsby bridges
'57 Reissue Gibson Les Paul Custom, Jackson Soloist SL2H
Marshall MF350
Cry Baby, Carbon Copy, Phase 90

Quote by strat0blaster
I remember this one time - Jesus played Eruption on a lute with strings made from the hair of 23 virgins.

It was pretty hardcore.
Kingyem0c0re
2,579 IQ
It involves a HELL of a lot of routing on a les paul.
The main problem behind it is cause of the height the the bridge sits at on an LP.
Alot of luthiers I took my Les Paul refused to do it cause it's a great deal of work.

Although if you manage to find an actual Les Paul Floyd Rose, you could fit it yourself without any routing, but they're VERY rare to come across.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
rixills
Banned
20 IQ
my guitar teacher said when he was a kid and van halen came out, he did that to his les paul. he said he regretted it very much, it wont sound like a les paul any more.
tubab0y
old skool user.
1,326 IQ
this is what kahler hybrids are for.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
bassburton
Multi Genre Influenced
1,365 IQ
Don't ruin a perfectly good guitar. It will not only ever sound like a Les Paul but it never look the same either. Save up for a guitar with a floyd. LP+FR=MAssive Heap of shit
The clock strikes midnight
When tomorrow and today collide
The moon is at its highest
And the twilight seems fitting
For in these moments
The light at the end of the world
Shines like a thousand suns....

Victor Gutierrez
Generalpwnt
Righteous
1,727 IQ
The thought that a LP with a Floyd Rose is crap is very opionated. If the man wants a Floyd, then let him have a Floyd.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
Skar
The Crimson King
522 IQ
Quote by bassburton
Don't ruin a perfectly good guitar. It will not only ever sound like a Les Paul but it never look the same either. Save up for a guitar with a floyd. LP+FR=MAssive Heap of shit

How would a Floyd Rose ruin a Les Paul?

I was thinking about the same thing, threadstarter, and I'm planning on getting on of those Kahler hybrids. At first I thought about getting a Stetsbar, but I heard tuning stability wasn't too good on that, so I'm going with the Kahler now.
Member #5 of Agile LP over Epiphone LP Club.
Contact iamtehwalrus768 to join.
Musicman48858
212 IQ
There are a few guys that play LP's with a floyd.... the one that comes to mind is Neal Schon from Journey.... he's always done it. The problem is that the block isn't long enough to get through the body.

However, I know you can find aftermarket blocks for an OFR that are longer than the stock, just for les pauls... check google or ebay.
Gear:
2003 Fender Standard Strat w/ Texas Specials
2010 EBMM BFR JP6
2012 Babicz Identity Dreadnaught
2015 Gibson Les Paul Traditional SR
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey XXX 112
Fender Blues Jr
mrperson
Banned
600 IQ
Please don't say your talking about a gibson? cos if u are u r crazy! just buy a guitar with a floyd tis less risky and u can mod it. is what i did with my samick.
Punk_Ninja
Orianthi fanboy.
4,555 IQ
EPI LP custom + Kahler Hybrid, or if you are talking about gibson make sure its either Gibson les paul custom +bigsby or just the LP on its own and a guitar with a tremolo.

Also threadstarter, your favourite guitarists are Dimebag, James Hetfield, Kirk Hammett and Zakk Wylde, I'm right. And you tink that Floyd roses is br00tal cos dime uses one and LP customs cos Wylde uses one.

You my good sir are not going to think like this for too much longer I hope.
DimebagJosho
mmmmm
1,118 IQ
Quote by Punk_Ninja
EPI LP custom + Kahler Hybrid, or if you are talking about gibson make sure its either Gibson les paul custom +bigsby or just the LP on its own and a guitar with a tremolo.

Also threadstarter, your favourite guitarists are Dimebag, James Hetfield, Kirk Hammett and Zakk Wylde, I'm right. And you tink that Floyd roses is br00tal cos dime uses one and LP customs cos Wylde uses one.

You my good sir are not going to think like this for too much longer I hope.

Dimebag and Zakk Wylde ye theyr probably my favourite atm, James and Kirk Hammett nah lol. And no its not cuz Dime uses a Floyd Rose, they sound beastly anyways. And well iv been a fan of Les Pauls since i first layed eyes on em.
Yngwi3
UG's Tone & Grammar Nazi
1,292 IQ
just buy a bigsby....
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Punk_Ninja
Orianthi fanboy.
4,555 IQ
Dude, it's not the Floyd Rose that sounds good, its the pickups, amps guitar wood, the floyd rose doesnt help any tone at all its just there to use as a trem.

Get a guitar with a tremolo liek an Ibanez or a Jackson, and get the les Paul for use without a trem if you can afford.
amorebelladonna
Rolls fat like BM's
397 IQ
on a les paul since the top is carved you will have to rout out a lot of shit, as well as the fact that with a tune-o-matic bridge, which most les pauls have, the necks has a 93 degree angle, or an 87 depending but, if you put a floyd rose on you would have to do a little bit to the neck pocket if you want it to stay in tune. I would highly advise against it, seeing as a guitar is a horrible thing to **** up. But, if you really want to do it, then really do some research, dont do something based on advice from an internet forum, ask someone at a music shop, or someone who has been playing guitar for a long time they may know.
TwoString
AKA Chad
1,601 IQ
You wouldn't have to do anything to the neck pocket, but in order to get the proper balance and string height, you'd have to have the tremolo mounted practically above the surface of the top. The arched top means nothing in this matter, because you'd have to end up routing a recess to properly mount the tremolo anyway (strat-style surface mount is impossible on a les paul arched top...look at the recess on the Ibanez S models for reference). There have been a few guys on this forum that have installed floyd trems on their pauls, use the search button and you'll find a couple of tutorials.

Also, a Bigsby, Stetsbar, or whatever other insane suggestions offer nothing in comparison to a floyd. To correct CvPrEpKiLLaH, the Bigsby is not a locking tremolo.

The best bet for the TS...

1. Buy the Epiphone limited edition les paul with the floyd already installed (sadly, I believe this guitar had a flat top)

2. Look into other Les Paul style guitars from other makers. I believe that Fernandes made a Ravelle model line that had Floyds in them at some point. Also, the ESP models that were already suggested.

3. Buy parts from a company like Warmoth that are customized to have the parts that you want. Yes, this guitar won't be a set neck, but with what you want, you probably should accept that you're going to have to make compromises.

4. Save up enough money to have a luthier design and build a Les Paul with a Floyd Rose.
ISM
Lord and Master
909 IQ
Thats a groovy LP; not as cool as the Kirk Hammett limited ed model with the tremelo; but alot more affordable.

MVL.
woodenbandman
Likes Dragonforce
1,139 IQ
Stetsbar or searchbar, whichever. That will solve your problem.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
SGFish
Planned
380 IQ
Ibanez AM78T with Lace Sensors
Squier Affinity with American Standard Electronics
Line 6 duoVerb
Behringer Vintage Tube Overdrive, Heavy Distortion, and Vintage Tube Monster
Digitech RP500

Yeah, I have a colored sig.