Are keyboard amps safe to use with a guitar? I note that I am currently using one, a Peavey KB-100, but want to know if I could damage it by using a pedal through it? I don't know much about amps so don't flip if its a simple answer. Thanks..
"See, you're born punk. When you get your first haircut, then you're alternative. Then you let it grow long, then you're metal." - Kirk Hammett
I'm not sure about a keyboard's output impendance, but it should work. It should sound a bit different, but the guitar produces tones in pretty much the same frequency range as a keyboard, so ti should be alright.
Should be fine, our school has a keboard amp that always gets used for vocals and bass in the main rehearsal room, never used for keyboards, but it has an XLR input as well as 4 simultaneous channels for various instruments, so maybe that isn't strictly a keyboard amp, more a multi-purpose amp. It does have keyboard amp on the back though
Yeah, this amp has 3 channels, a mic input and an equalizer so it might be a multi-purpose amp too.
"See, you're born punk. When you get your first haircut, then you're alternative. Then you let it grow long, then you're metal." - Kirk Hammett
Alot of peavey "keyboard" amps can handle guitar/bass/vocals. My friend uses one with his stand up bass pickups.