yeah i guess Bolan is CR cuzz hes not metal or prog. He is definately glam rock for sure. I love t rex, sweet, mott the hoople, new york dolls, cooper etc. Great music. My fav song by trex is GET IT ON (BANG A GONG).
Why wouldn't T-Rex be Classic Rock?

I have several albums of their's, they have such a cool, exotic sound. They are very creative indeed, and Bolan is an excellent song writer. I suggest listening to Electric Warrior and Futuristic Dragon. Btw, they were bigger in the UK rather than in the US.
Amazing band, a very overlooked diamond in the rough
(the rough being glam rock)
One of the most unique bands ever for sure,
And it's really just two guys but they make a huge sound.
Marc Bolan is a great poet and overlooked guitar great,
But Mickey Finn is often overshadowed by bolan,
He is a great percussionist.

Anybody see born to boogie?
CTHC
No, i think my friends dad was at a gig and he threw his shoe on stage and they picked it up and gave it back to him.

Is born to boogie a show?
BORN TO BOOGIE is a concert dvd filmed at Wembley in London. Its filled with a bunch of cool stuff too. it rocks
a.) I want to listen to their folky stuff, gotta pick up some albums

b.) The more I listen to it, the more I really like the groove to that Get it on Bang a Gong song.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
^ ya man they do!

poor bolan. he was high on blow and crashed into a tree and died. what a bastard! he was a great poet (check out his earlier stuff) and he ruined it all. mind you, he wasn't the only one to do that...
Quote by metallicaPOOS
^ ya man they do!

poor bolan. he was high on blow and crashed into a tree and died. what a bastard! he was a great poet (check out his earlier stuff) and he ruined it all. mind you, he wasn't the only one to do that...

Not only that, it was his wife driving the car, she survived and he died :/.

Great band, its deffo Classic Rock.. ive listen alot on them.. One of the cooler names aswell =).
Quote by TheHeartbreaker
T-Rex is great. Electric Warrior is an amazing album.

I only feel as though Marc Bolan never used his guitar abilities to their fullest potential.

Yeah definatley, he was an amazing guitarist. Hugly overlooked.

But then again I'm glad he focused on songwriting as opposed to having 12 minute prog rock epics.
I simply wished he would have played more solos. There were times where you felt one coming, and even what would sound as though it was meant to be an intro into a solo simply turned into a few notes that acted as a prelude to another set of verses.
mark bolan is one of the best british frontman ever
I HATE YOU
Quote by _zac_
ill flame as much as i damn well please

suck my balls
Has anybody ever seen the movie Born To Boogie? It seems pretty interesting to me. It was directed by Ringo Starr. I found a few clips on You Tube but can anybody tell me were I can see the whole movie online?
I hope you have a nice day ROCK ON!!!
You can buy the DVD.^^ Worth it! (even if you're not a fan...I'm not^^)
As a *bonus* it contains two (!) full concerts from 1971 in perfect quality.
Last edited by DieN at Mar 23, 2007,
Quote by TheHeartbreaker
I simply wished he would have played more solos. There were times where you felt one coming, and even what would sound as though it was meant to be an intro into a solo simply turned into a few notes that acted as a prelude to another set of verses.

True, I get a feeling of anticipation, as though he's going to break into a solo. Its his style though, maybe he had influences who didnt solo.
Can anybody hear the conga player in T-Rex? Haha just asking.

Yeah Bolan's great.
DALAI LAMA OF ZEPPELINISM

Quote by Kartman

I look up to you now. I'm serious, I have more respect for you than most Ugers!
^ Bongos for the faint of percussion.
DALAI LAMA OF ZEPPELINISM

Quote by Kartman

I look up to you now. I'm serious, I have more respect for you than most Ugers!
Ohhhhhh, Bongos

Ill look on his info on Wiki, that should help.