Hi, I’m relatively new to the forum and seeking some advice on guitar effects pedals. I’ve been playing guitar for about six years now and I’ve never really felt the need for effects until now, I just think it liven things up a bit for my band.

I did have a Zoom Multi Effects Processor however I found it overly complicated, it seemed too confusing and I had a real problem with it remembering my exact settings. After speaking to a few guitarists at some of my band’s gig venues, apparently a “rig” would be better for me, especially considering I don’t want too many effects. I don't want to have to faf about every five mins, which is what I had to do with that.

Anyway, I’ve looked at tons of different seperate pedals I really can’t figure out what’s right for me. I guess I’m looking for three pedals; one for wah, one for echo/delay and one for looping. My band mainly does funk if that’s worth mentioning, any other suggestions suited for that genre are welcome of course.

I’m looking for quality, but at an affordable price. I wouldn’t want to be spending more than around £60 to £70 on each pedal realistically. I won’t be getting them all at once though, so if it’s seriously worth a little extra please do mention it.

One other thing – does it matter what order they’re hooked up?

Cheers,
Tom
A wah pedal. Vox V847.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
^ Yeah...

a Wah would be the most important pedal to get if your in a funk band. A nice delay would be very helpful too. Boss makes a bunch of different types in the price range your talking about.
take in to consideration an envelope filter maybe take a look at the ehx q-tron and dod fx25, it works for some people. I play in a funk band and found it wasn't for me
Last edited by Cjay4 at Mar 17, 2007,
Wah would be good. Maybe a Crybaby would be more your style. It has low treble-to-bass sweep, which would be suited to funk.

Besides that...I don't know. Maybe get a few basic pedals that most rigs should have, such as a tuner, EQ, compressor, noise gate, and volume pedal.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by Sonicxlover
Wah would be good. Maybe a Crybaby would be more your style. It has low treble-to-bass sweep, which would be suited to funk.

never buy a crybaby if you have other options
my v847 is really great for funk

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by Cjay4
maybe take a look at the ehx q-tron

That's what I was gonna suggest. If you don't want one, at least tell your bassist to get one!
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
I'd suggest the Weeping Demon wah, normally i wouldent suggest it for something other than metal but the Low setting sounds really good for funk, i use that a lot.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
+1 for the Q-Tron. Maybe check a DisCOMBOBulator by EMMA.
96 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop
95 Strat w/ Lindy Fralins
Ibanez JS1000
Orange AD30HTC
Vox AC30
Blue Alnico Cab
Budda Wah
Barber Tone Press
Keeley NOVA Wah
Pederson Strobo
Keeley TS-808
HBE Chorus
T-Rex Delay
Red Witch Moon Phase
i have a mini qtron by EHX that i will sell you, PM me for details.

in great condition, ive just been playing heavier stuff lately and its just sitting there.