Page 1 of 2
the fact that the website is called "green day authority" should destroy the trust of about half the UG population.

Gerard Way is above Dimebag. SOMEONE had to complain about it.

EDIT: if people are gonna make lists of stuff like this, they shouldn't put them in order. They should leave them equal in order not to stir up conflict.

I don't like Billie Joe, but I will agree that he is an influential figure these days. But Brian May does not deserve to be about 80 places below him. If they were just both mentioned in a sort of "honour roll", without any order of importance, it would be fine.
Last edited by sashki at Mar 17, 2007,
Erm...generally any poll like that is bound to have more popular bands and artists in them so may not reflect who everyone thinks should be on the list. Mainly a ploy to get more mainstream kids reading. It's not worth getting worked up about; it happens all the time.
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
14.Pete Wentz?
pop-punk has no icons or heros, only models

EDIT: #4 is Eddie though..just Eddie.
Eddie who!!??!!?

Putting douche bags like Gerad Way, Pete Wentz, Billie Joe Armstrong and Amy Lee in the top 20 let alone top 100 shows this list wasn't composed by a credible rock critic but proboly some 12 year old girl while flipping through her teen fag magazine. No one should agree with this list.
Gibson Les Paul Classic w/Stetsbar
Fender MIM Strat w/ EMG DG20 System
Mesa Boogie Express 5:25
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Memory Boy
Maxon OD9
EHX Big Muff
Vox Wah
EHX POG
Quote by Doolittle
14.Pete Wentz?

Eddie who!!??!!?

I think Eddie is the guy on all the Iron Maiden album covers...
4. Eddie

wtf? they could at least say the last name

yeah and most of UG wouldn't like this because it favours popular people like BJA
Some Guy?
Quote by sashki
I think Eddie is the guy on all the Iron Maiden album covers...

ok i see now, but it says 86:Ginger
Ginger who?!?!!? i mean if they forgot Jim Morrsion they must not be talking about Ginger Baker

Quote by Doolittle
ok i see now, but it says 86:Ginger
Ginger who?!?!!? i mean if they forgot Jim Morrsion they must not be talking about Ginger Baker

Ginger is a guy from The Wildhearts, I think they're called....no, I haven't heard of them either. But I've seen his MySpace.
Quote by Doolittle
14.Pete Wentz?

Eddie who!!??!!?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111111111111111111111

I didn't agree with the numbers of people on there, but that's a pretty good list other than what number everyone was on there. Or not? Maybe?
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
Quote by unholy_love
That list sucked. How did Gerald Way and Pete Wentz make it on there?

because they're icons

i would say pop-culture icons, not rock icons but they're still icons
Some Guy?
Amy Lee, #9?

Wow.
What do we tell our children? Look before you leap. Stop and think. Don't judge a book by its cover. We believe that we are always better off gathering as much information as possible and spending as much time as possible in deliberation.
Quote by sashki
Ginger is a guy from The Wildhearts, I think they're called....no, I haven't heard of them either. But I've seen his MySpace.

who the hell is that?! i never even heard of that band if it one

i counted 11 talented people and a lot of "hey, if i drop this name i'll look cool" type people.
Icon, doesn't that mean like hero or something except only famous people? Sorry, feeling a bit tired for some reason.
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

of course any list that has a bunch of people that are currently popular is going to be hqated by 95% of UG, and no list is going to accurately reflect the opinions of more than a few people.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Dirge Humani
*waits for someone to explode because Jimi Hendrix isn't on the list*

I was gonna say that a while ago but I wasn't sure because I'm bad at seeing things that are right in front of me
Quote by Zinnie

It's Kerrang, it's obviously a load of utter shite. (check the address)

They don't even mention The Ramones or The Damned when talking about punk!
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
Most lists people post on here are shitty, but this one takes the cake. This is fucking terrible.

The only good thing about it is that Josh Homme is on the list.
dave mustaine at 98? duuuuuuuuuuuuuude...
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
i would like to make a movement to ban all lists from being compiled.

that includes you, guitar world, you're the prime culprit.
Quote by Daedelus
i would like to make a movement to ban all lists from being compiled.

that includes you, guitar world, you're the prime culprit.

hell yes! they should just rename their magazine Metal Mania

Quote by SuperBlob
It's Kerrang, it's obviously a load of utter shite. (check the address)

They don't even mention The Ramones or The Damned when talking about punk!

its beacuse the new(ish) editors of Kerrang like to pretend punk was invented in England, though that doesnt account for them not talking about the damned. Its a shame really because Kerrang used to be a pretty good magazine up untill like 2002
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Woo! Page and Cobain!

It's a well known fact that Page was such a good guitarist that he actually played all the singing parts on guitar. Plant was just there for showmanship.
A list without Thom Yorke isn't worth the paper it's been written on.
Quote by Draken
A list without Thom Yorke isn't worth the paper it's been written on.

+1

That's the stupidest list I've seen in years: John Frusciante, Jimi Hendrix, Noel Gallagher, noone from the beatles was on it, I haven't even heard of half of the people...

and

Ville Vallo (at #32 mind you)
Courtney Love
Fred Durst?!?!

Don't make me laugh.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by frankv
Even though I don't personally agree with the list it's pretty well balanced with genres and stuff. It's got classic rock, heavy/thrash metal, punk, grunge, modern rock, emo, pop/punk, shock rock and cool dead people.

Bon Scott FTW!
Well thats a bollocks list.

Robert Plant is easily a bigger icon than Billie Joe Armstrong.
And where the hell is Hendrix?
Page 1 of 2