I used to wear a strap when i only had guitar because i didnt want it to fall even when i was sitting .I still do now because just got used to it , so I was wondering ,does anyone else use a strap sitting down???
I don't use a strap when sitting down. It's so much of a hassle to put the strap on and off after and before playing considering I always put my guitar back in its case.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Nope. It gets in the way alot for me when I am sitting down and gets all twisted and then when I stand up it pulls itself off.
"See, you're born punk. When you get your first haircut, then you're alternative. Then you let it grow long, then you're metal." - Kirk Hammett
yup
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Beating the elderly is a big favourite of mine. Also, pushing kids over and kicking pregnant women in the womb is fun.

Right now we're called 'Various Artists' just to fuck over people with iPods
sometimes
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
- Jimi Hendrix (R.I.P)

"Nobody dies a virgin... Life fucks us all."
- Kurt Donald Cobain (R.I.P)
since most of you say no, i guess i should ask, do u keep your strap on your gutar even when your not using it (i do) and would u use your strap sitting down if you keep it on
Well, my guitar with its strap doesn't fit in my case. So it's a no.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Yes because I switch between sitting and standing a lot.
One Way Ticket To Hell

Gear

-Ibanez GRX20Z
-Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos
-Peavey Studio Pro 112
-DigiTech Grunge
-Zakk Wylde Wah
-DigiTech Whammy
-MXR 10-Band EQ

Future Purchases
-EMG's 81/85
-Cab
-Krankenstein Head
-ESP Eclipse II
Quote by timo1
since most of you say no, i guess i should ask, do u keep your strap on your gutar even when your not using it (i do) and would u use your strap sitting down if you keep it on

I do. I just never bother to take it off.
My straps are always on
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
I always have my strap on. I have strap locks so I dont like taking them off every time. Its a waste of time.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
Yes, because I usually play really high up and can't reach that height by just resting the guitar on my knees.
Member #5 of Agile LP over Epiphone LP Club.
Contact iamtehwalrus768 to join.
My Straps are always on my guitars. Sometimes when sitting down I will remove it, but usually I will just put it round me as if I was standing and playing.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
Strap is attached to my guitar and stays there. It's become part of her! ^^
And she looks soooo beautiful with it.

...and seriously, if the strap gets in your way while sitting, just have it hang down between your legs, so not on your shoulder.
No pun intended.
I definately use the strap while sitting down, due to the guitar being a V and all, it kinda falls forward so I use a strap to keep it in place.

As for acoustic, I never use a strap.
It seems like most people here either...

a) dont wear a strap while sitting
or
b) wear a strap because of laziness

laziness FTW!
I'm just another musician waiting to be famous.

follow my twitter here
Please! listen to my music here
I always leave my strap on, I find it comfortable, plus if I get REALLY lazy I can slouch on my couch and play guitar without worrying it'll slide off my leg.
Quote by Hovertruck
You guys are forgetting the most important part of sounding like Alexi.
Yao Yao