i was getting a quote for a custom ran guitar, when i came to the pickup section....i had no idea what so ever... so anyway i quickly looked through some sites ad chose dimarzio

for the bridge position i chose the evolution

for the neck i chose d activator

and for the middle i chose the yngwie model pickups...

this must sound crazy to you guys (maybe not...) but i have no experience in this field.

maybe the evolution neck would be better than the d activtor. or maybe the breed in neck position.

and should i just forget the middle yjm pickup?

maybe you guys could clarify this for me....

thanks
^ if you're just getting a quote, no real harm done, it's not legally binding.

Though, I guess you should decide on ones you really want, lol.

What type of tones are you after, what type of guitar are you looking at (including wood), and what's your rough budget? i know ran will fit bareknuckles for an upcharge of 50 euro per pickup, I think.

also, what's your current rig?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
the guitar will be mahogany. i play various genres but mainly metal so i need a high gain pickup. im thinking maybe of putting evolution in the brige (high power) and an evolution in th neck (medium gain) and i'd want a pickup in the middle. could you suggest something?

i havent looked into seymour ducans yet, maybe you could reccomend one..?

and i dont know much about bareknuckles either...

right now i have a prs tremonti with a line6 spyder 150 watts...i needed a guitar with a locking tremolo. i chose kahler

thanks for the ONLY reply BTW....
I would probably think about buying a new amp before spending 2k on a guitar...
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.

Word bro....
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by FacingUsAll

+a couple of million
Yeah, I agree on the amp front.

DiMarzio Evolutions are nice pickups though. My PGM has them in the neck and bridge, very very nice indeed.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
If I was going for something like a Ran then I'd make sure it had the absolute best quality hardware and pickups going into it, no point skimping when you're paying that much anyways (Though you are paying for quality)

I'd definately look into some boutique companies. The only one I can really reccomend is Bareknuckle because it's the only one I've tried. I have a Miracle Man in my bridge and it really does sound amazing, improved my tone 100%. Head over to their site and check out the players section in the forum for some soundclips of their pickups. Also have a look around at some other boutique manufacturers

Nice choice btw, Ran > All
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
I'm not sure about evos for high gain... they're more "shred" high gain than "metal" high gain.

I'd seriously consider bkp's (unless you get to try other pickups in the meantime that do the tone you want in your head), and as everyone else has said, a new amp (preferably high gain all-tube) is a priority.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
can somebody describe thwe miracle man to me? what it sounds like, what its good for...are harmonic easy on the maracle man? ate there any other bare knucle pickups i should consider.....also i need a middle pickup, maybe a single coil...could somebody advise me on that?

thanks
^ gimme about 2 or 3 weeks. my legra custom should be here around about then, it has a miracle man bridge, cold sweat neck.

EDIT: though if you want info on the bareknuckles, go to www.bareknucklepickups.co.uk , they have a great forum there, register and make a thread. bear in mind you won't hear anything bad, but it's far and away the best place for info on their pickups. Tim is the owner of the company, he sometimes posts or you can pm/email him for info.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ pm me in about 3 weeks, I guess. EDIT: or else bump the thread, I'm subscribed to it.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ nope, not yet, unfortunately.

bump it again, or pm me, i guess in another few weeks.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?