Page 1 of 2
Why do poeple hate metal so much? Sure, Alot of people like all the classics (motorhead, megadeath, slayer, iron maiden, metallica etc...) but hardley any one actually likes bands like Nile, Necroghast, Black Dahlia Murder, and so many other good bands that go under appreciated. Why is this?
Because some people don't like them and sometimes the people that do talk about how they are the greatest bands in the world and that annoys people. Also because the most of the metalheads I know are shitheads... but I guess I am just being bias
how can you say that people hate metal, when the UG community is mostly metalheads? I mean sure it may lack popularity among the mainstream consumers, but on UG metal is praised and any music that isnt metal is looked down upon.
Fender Jazz Bass (lefty)
Epiphone Les Paul (lefty)
Quote by FLrhcpEA
Lack of talent, feeling, and tastiness.

lack of talent? metal is the most technically demanding genre of rock. as for feeling, well thats all opinion
Because at the end of the day it boils down to whether or not you like screaming. I don't think the music in the background is the problem most people have in most cases. Just the style of singing.
Quote by yam
lack of talent? metal is the most technically demanding genre of rock. as for feeling, well thats all opinion

Alright so the metal bands that do have the talent are just technical players. They lack any feeling in the music, its like a robot playing. Its the same reason I dislike Malmsteen and Satriani and all them. Its too much of the technical stuff and speed and not enough emotion and tastiness. Not to mention maybe there are a few metal bands with talent but they are far to overshadowed by the majority of most metal crap, i.e. Dragonforce.
to many of the opinions above some are true but with tdays "metal" people lose the sence of production they think its another album that was apeiced togethere with hatered words and quick licks and bridges that are pretty good but is the same thing over and over agian when it comes to bands like matallica they layed the stuff out and changed it up and made it something different everytime thats my opinion but some of the "nu-metal" is just plan crap and and excusse to make money and saying there hardcore
*Guitars*

Fender Standard Strat

Ibanez DT155

Ibanez RG2EX1

*Amps*

Peavey Classic 50

*Effects*

Boss MT2 Metal Zone

Danelectro Fab Chorus

Danelectro Fab Flanger
Quote by FLrhcpEA
Alright so the metal bands that do have the talent are just technical players. They lack any feeling in the music, its like a robot playing. Its the same reason I dislike Malmsteen and Satriani and all them. Its too much of the technical stuff and speed and not enough emotion tastiness.

listen to some less heavy bands like sabbath or system of a down, then you ll apreciate metallica and anthrax etc more. it does take a while to get use to, but metal is an amazing genre
Quote by yam
not mainstream enough

Yeah right...

Same reason you don't like x and y bands. The sound doesn't appeal to me, some stuff I heard were plain boring too.

^I like some screaming, but I hate necrophagist screams ("rawr rawr I'm a dinosaur!" as someone else putted it). I love the fall of troy and every time I die screams though.
Not only would it disrupt the fabric of time and space, but it would totally ruin the surprise!
Quote by FLrhcpEA
Alright so the metal bands that do have the talent are just technical players. They lack any feeling in the music, its like a robot playing. Its the same reason I dislike Malmsteen and Satriani and all them. Its too much of the technical stuff and speed and not enough emotion tastiness.

that ois true but say you hear a blues lick and you go hmm blues its ussually something depressing or a sad fealing but if you play the same thing with out the ass distortion its called metal so really when it comes down it dependes how you break it down you hear differently from someone else
*Guitars*

Fender Standard Strat

Ibanez DT155

Ibanez RG2EX1

*Amps*

Peavey Classic 50

*Effects*

Boss MT2 Metal Zone

Danelectro Fab Chorus

Danelectro Fab Flanger
Quote by FLrhcpEA
Alright so the metal bands that do have the talent are just technical players. They lack any feeling in the music, its like a robot playing. Its the same reason I dislike Malmsteen and Satriani and all them. Its too much of the technical stuff and speed and not enough emotion and tastiness. Not to mention maybe there are a few metal bands with talent but they are far to overshadowed by the majority of most metal crap, i.e. Dragonforce.

Satriani? no feeling? I don't even know why he is considered a shredder, he doesn't even play that fast.
Quote by Kailoq
Yeah right...

Same reason you don't like x and y bands. The sound doesn't appeal to me, some stuff I heard were plain boring too.

^I like some screaming, but I hate necrophagist screams ("rawr rawr I'm a dinosaur!" as someone else putted it). I love the fall of troy and every time I die screams though.

Nile, Necroghast, Black Dahlia Murder. how many people not on this forum or who are into metal can say theyve heard of them?
Quote by Khoshaba
but some of the "nu-metal" is just plan crap and and excusse to make money and saying there hardcore

says the guy with the korn avatar, and doesn't use periods.
dude people need to know that you can be a kick ass guitarist and not shred if you can go up to a guitar player that does "nu-metal" and say show me something from musical therory (cant think of anything from it) they dont now what the hell youd be talking about but the people that go to the greatest extent to figure new things and sounds theres a kick ass guitarist
*Guitars*

Fender Standard Strat

Ibanez DT155

Ibanez RG2EX1

*Amps*

Peavey Classic 50

*Effects*

Boss MT2 Metal Zone

Danelectro Fab Chorus

Danelectro Fab Flanger
Quote by metal Lover
Satriani? no feeling? I don't even know why he is considered a shredder, he doesn't even play that fast.

No you're right I've seen Satriani play more tasty things with lots of feeling, I was trying to make it clear what group of players I'm trying to talk about. I meant like the whole Ibanez "Shred" thing you see with Malmsteen and many players similar to him, sorry for sticking Satriani in there.
screw periods korn went out to make a new sound they were the people who could not make a cent and still make music not for fame money or anything but you have to spoil yourself when you get it
*Guitars*

Fender Standard Strat

Ibanez DT155

Ibanez RG2EX1

*Amps*

Peavey Classic 50

*Effects*

Boss MT2 Metal Zone

Danelectro Fab Chorus

Danelectro Fab Flanger
Quote by yam

Besides rock nowadays isn't very technically demanding at all so your point doesn't really mean all that much. If you want technically demanding, and feeling, check out some of the great jazz stuff, like Pat Metheny, George Benson, Jaco Pastorius, etc.
Quote by FLrhcpEA
Besides rock nowadays isn't very technically demanding at all so your point doesn't really mean all that much. If you want technically demanding, and feeling, check out some of the great jazz stuff, like Pat Metheny, George Benson, Jaco Pastorius, and Wes Montgomery.

fixed
Quote by yam
Nile, Necroghast, Black Dahlia Murder. how many people not on this forum or who are into metal can say theyve heard of them?

That still doesn't mean people frown upon metal because they haven't heard of those bands...

Besides, there's dozens of so called genres and bands people haven't heard of.

If you weren't a guitarist you probably wouldn't know Vai or Malmsteen. The fall of troy (<3) is pretty unknown to the larger public too.
Not only would it disrupt the fabric of time and space, but it would totally ruin the surprise!
I really like metal guitar , but I generally think they have bad singing and lyrics, and like one of the guys commented earlier most metalheads I know are shitheads.
Quote by FLrhcpEA
Lack of talent, feeling, and tastiness.

lack of talent? your joking right? the instrumentals in metal are pretty much better then any other genre including blues, and you say not fealing in it? listen necrophagist you can hear the passion in the solos(although the riffs are quite technical). Your statements have no real basis... psh i cant believe you said lack of talent thats blasphemy!!!!
Quote by FLrhcpEA
Besides rock nowadays isn't very technically demanding at all so your point doesn't really mean all that much. If you want technically demanding, and feeling, check out some of the great jazz stuff, like Pat Metheny, George Benson, Jaco Pastorius, etc.

for saying jaco im pretty sure your a bassist plus the who flea thing yeah they are great bassist but if your someone like paul mccartney (which has nothing to do with metal) and can switch over to litterally any instument and you can play any styl its simple like i said if you pick up the guitar and hear and ac/dc solo you think only a god could do it but after a while you can take that solo and brighten it up and kick ass even more
*Guitars*

Fender Standard Strat

Ibanez DT155

Ibanez RG2EX1

*Amps*

Peavey Classic 50

*Effects*

Boss MT2 Metal Zone

Danelectro Fab Chorus

Danelectro Fab Flanger
Quote by metal Lover
fixed

Yes, but keep the little "etc." in there. There are still more of those greats not mentioned
Quote by FLrhcpEA
No you're right I've seen Satriani play more tasty things with lots of feeling, I was trying to make it clear what group of players I'm trying to talk about. I meant like the whole Ibanez "Shred" thing you see with Malmsteen and many players similar to him, sorry for sticking Satriani in there.

Malmsteen uses strats!

Aren't you talking about those so called new shredders like dragonforce?
Quote by Khoshaba
for saying jaco im pretty sure your a bassist plus the who flea thing yeah they are great bassist but if your someone like paul mccartney (which has nothing to do with metal) and can switch over to litterally any instument and you can play any styl its simple like i said if you pick up the guitar and hear and ac/dc solo you think only a god could do it but after a while you can take that solo and brighten it up and kick ass even more

Not trying to be a jerk but with the lack of punctuation I'm not sure what your trying to say
Quote by Kailoq
Malmsteen uses strats!

Aren't you talking about those so called new shredders like dragonforce?

AHHHH you know what I'm trying to say!
Quote by FLrhcpEA

Malmsteen doesn't even play an Ibanez.

*reported*

This thread is dripping with ignorance that will be followed by flaming.
@FLrhcpEA

^Reported?!

I just listened to Necrophagist again, still didn't strike me as music with feeling...or just music that's entertaining.

I liked Black Dahlia Murder better, but the growls were prettty annoying. Liked the normal screams though.
Quote by FLrhcpEA
Not trying to be a jerk but with the lack of punctuation I'm not sure what your trying to say

what im saying is when your a newb shit seems hard, and when your a indermidant guitar player its simpler. You a bassist, im pretty sure. easier?
*Guitars*

Fender Standard Strat

Ibanez DT155

Ibanez RG2EX1

*Amps*

Peavey Classic 50

*Effects*

Boss MT2 Metal Zone

Danelectro Fab Chorus

Danelectro Fab Flanger
I think many people that are not familiar with metal look at the shitty popular bands that represent each genre:

power metal: Dragonforce
death metal: cannibal corpse
black metal: Mayhem
thrash metal: new metallica

Those are the bands that represent metal. Most of them are shitty, but that's debatable.
Quote by Khoshaba
what im saying is when your a newb shit seems hard, and when your a indermidant guitar player its simpler. You a bassist, im pretty sure. easier?

Hahah, no bass is not easier. Don't assume two less string makes it easier. Sure its easier if you suck and sit there coninually playing root notes, but check out people like Jaco Pastorius and Stanley Clarke, Larry Graham, and many many more, and then come back to me saying bass is easy.
Nile's one of my favourite bands. They're quite good.

I think there has been a lot of controversy involving metal. Violence, depression, suicide.
Plus the general public just wants to hear the same pop song over and over again; they don't want to have to think when they're listening to music.

I remember when my parents first found out that I listened to metal they freaked out.
But then I showed them that although some of the lyrics are odd (death/black metal) it wouldn't make me kill myself.
They don't really care now.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Last edited by walkinbazooka at Mar 17, 2007,
Quote by FLrhcpEA
Hahah, no bass is not easier. Don't assume two less string makes it easier. Sure its easier if you suck and sit there coninually playing root notes, but check out people like Jaco Pastorius and Stanley Clarke, Larry Graham, and many many more, and then come back to me saying bass is easy.

woah dude i ment easier to understand, shit i know bass is hard i play it , and guitar,piano and i sing, but i mean guitar stuff gets allittle more complicated to learn and the bass teniques are hard so, i think they kinda even out. btw bassist that just rip off what ever the guitar player is playing pisses me off
*Guitars*

Fender Standard Strat

Ibanez DT155

Ibanez RG2EX1

*Amps*

Peavey Classic 50

*Effects*

Boss MT2 Metal Zone

Danelectro Fab Chorus

Danelectro Fab Flanger
Quote by metal Lover
I think many people that are not familiar with metal look at the shitty popular bands that represent each genre:

power metal: Dragonforce
death metal: cannibal corpse
black metal: Mayhem
thrash metal: new metallica

Those are the bands that represent metal. Most of them are shitty, but that's debatable.

NEW METALLICA IS NOT THRASH THEY ARE GAY NOW!!!!
they need to get the ****ing shit together and play some old shit that new crap sucks!!!!!!
*Guitars*

Fender Standard Strat

Ibanez DT155

Ibanez RG2EX1

*Amps*

Peavey Classic 50

*Effects*

Boss MT2 Metal Zone

Danelectro Fab Chorus

Danelectro Fab Flanger
Page 1 of 2