I am soon getting a job and I am in dire need of new gear. I was thinking

peavy valveking head (maybe a jmc900 or 5150 if I could find one cheap on ebay)
A cheap randall rx cab
Boss metalcore(Definitely if I got the valve king)
And an Ibanez RG2EX1

I play mostly reallly heavy stuff(Black dahlia murder,As blood runs black,suicide silence, I killed the prom queen, etc.) But I also want good cleans(hence the valveking). So would this be a decent setup?
If you're gonna buy a Valveking and then add the metalcore to it...you might as well just buy the 5150...you can get one for about $500 and it'll be better sounding distortion than that boss pedal can put out.

You could even get a combo and not have to buy a cab...the combo is loud enough.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
even though i do not quite agree with your choice of "music", for what you are doing, don't worry bout the JCM900, i don't think it would be all that great. shoot for the peaveys, they are probably more suited for what you are doing.
Quote by sp0ckr0cks
even though i do not quite agree with your choice of "music", for what you are doing, don't worry bout the JCM900, i don't think it would be all that great. shoot for the peaveys, they are probably more suited for what you are doing.

Agreed, the 900 doesn't have enough drive to play what you want to play. Get the 5150, it's your best bet, you won't be dissapointed with it.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com