searched screaming techniques and not alot came up so i was just want to know how to scream... like the old trivium sortof scream. any tips people?

thanks.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
If your vegetarian girl harasses you about eating meat, snap back with, "Eating more entirely defenseless plants that provide us with oxygen?"

That'll shut that bitch up faster than two black eyes.

Walk in on your grandparents doin the nasty.........that's sure to teach you pretty quickly.

But doesn't that tear the shit out of your vocal chords.

(and i don't know how to do it)
the way i scream, i just inhale like a gasp (kinda like a pig squeal). it sounds like waking the cadaver/see you next tuesday. that kinda stuff. you can also make it really high and really low.
Quote by the_experience
Walk in on your grandparents doin the nasty.........that's sure to teach you pretty quickly.

Nah, I'd just kill myself and save my voice the trouble.
LOL
kk thanks guys any other suggestions?
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
If your vegetarian girl harasses you about eating meat, snap back with, "Eating more entirely defenseless plants that provide us with oxygen?"

That'll shut that bitch up faster than two black eyes.

um when i do it....its kinda like if you were trying to cough crap up....but you try to do it from your chest.... and ya it like rumbles(if thats the word.....it feels like the right word) right where there a lil dent in your neck....at the bottom... ya but idk if its the best way to do it...probably not
I can scream like Jesse whatever his name is who used to be the vocalist from Killswitch Engage.

then again, he didn't have much skill in the screaming department. I just kinda shouted really loud after and inhale.

Not for anything, but i'd love to learn how to growl/scream/squel like Randy does from Lamb of God.
work on just getting your voice, and breathing as strong as possible, and it should seem natural once you get used to it. Also relaxing is important. And trivium use distorsion on their voices which is why it can should like their screaming more
Dunno, I just started doing it one day a month or 2 ago. Just came to me. I've been slowly getting better at it. Really pisses your throat off at times though.
Go get your shovel.
Quote by SynGates7X
Dunno, I just started doing it one day a month or 2 ago. Just came to me. I've been slowly getting better at it. Really pisses your throat off at times though.

You're screaming with your throat then, instead of your diaphragm. If you scream like that your throat will hurt afterwards and it WILL ruin your voice over time, if you do it too much it can also cause you to cough up blood, which is not pretty.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
i have a good From Autumn to Ashes screamo voice.
Quote by MightyAl
You could try "Since evryone on the UG forum insits on 'pics or it didn't happen', does that mean I'm a virgin as long as I don't tape it?"
I think triviums screaming was annoying. You should learn to sing before you learn to scream.
Gear:
Ibanez S520EX EMG 81/85
Ibanez RG350MP
Fender acoustic (Black)

Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey 6505 212 combo
I actually learned that lots of death metal vocalists use a Chorus and Reverb pedal to make it easier on their voices....lightweights.

If you're a super light-weight hook up a Boss Metal Zone to you mike and all you have to do is sing like normal.
I know how to growl but I can't seem to scream like a woman
Member #4 of the iPods Suck Balls Club.
PM Oblivious16037 to join!

Quote by basssoldier
when i was 7 i saw my mom naked while taking a sh** it was pretty sick cuz shes fat....

Quote by Soul Power
Your my hero dementedpuppy.

Last.fm
POOP
Quote by MatrixClaw
You're screaming with your throat then, instead of your diaphragm. If you scream like that your throat will hurt afterwards and it WILL ruin your voice over time, if you do it too much it can also cause you to cough up blood, which is not pretty.

Yeah, I figured. I haven't quite gotten used to using that more than my throat. It has started to hurt less, but I'm gonna work more on using my diaphragm more. Never coughed up blood though....yet. I guess I'm just lucky.
Go get your shovel.
I want to be able to growl just like mikael from opeth, those are the best death vocals i've ever heard, but I doubt i'll ever be able to do it.
Quote by Zach_F
Please take your friends instruments, and burn them. Burn your friends too if you'd like.
Quote by RG_FANMAN
Not for anything, but i'd love to learn how to growl/scream/squel like Randy does from Lamb of God.

Start smoking, lol
Why do people thinking screaming vocals are awesome? They're just ****ing annoying as hell, all of them. Maybe they wouldn't suck so much if they learned how to actually sing.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
Throw a flash bang at him.
Quote by WhiteHelljumper
Why do people thinking screaming vocals are awesome? They're just ****ing annoying as hell, all of them. Maybe they wouldn't suck so much if they learned how to actually sing.

Maybe because they like how it sounds? May be a hard concept to understand, but people do like different things than you.
Go get your shovel.
Quote by ShaolinMonk495
the way i scream, i just inhale like a gasp (kinda like a pig squeal). it sounds like waking the cadaver/see you next tuesday. that kinda stuff. you can also make it really high and really low.

That could really mess up your vocal cords man....

I just distort my voice and put more air behind it...I wish I could do higher vocals but my voice is too low.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Last edited by BladeSlinger at Mar 17, 2007,
Growl>scream
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?
Quote by Dobzilla
Search youtube for the zen of screaming. It's good.

all they have is the trailer for the sequal
Quote by flesh fries
"did it hurt?"
"did what hurt?"
"when satan piledrived you up from hell you bitch"

say that to a girl and BAM...immediate sex...or a smack

lmao