anybody have this amp? it sounded good at the store but not so much now. maybe i don't know crap about amp settings. i guess what i'm askin is: how do you get a good metal sound out of this thing? or is it a shit.ty amp?
We have lingered in the chambers of the sea
By sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown
Till human voices wake us, and we drown.

- T.S. Eliot

its shit
the MG series in general is shit
get a DSL401 if u want something loud but if u wan t good cheap amp there is one exception the mg15cdr isnt actually that abd in fact is the best solid state amp ive played
Get Out Of Here!
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
hmm....when i get a job i'll probly get somethin in the dsl series i guess........i did mess up, didn't i? i am able to make it sound decent with a pedal though.....
We have lingered in the chambers of the sea
By sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown
Till human voices wake us, and we drown.

- T.S. Eliot

The cleans are way,way,way,way,way too bright. The cleans are shrill. Its horrendously overpriced. Return ASAP. Distorted channel is no better. This guy on YOutube used it with a metalzone. WOrse tone EVER. I mean it too.
The clock strikes midnight
When tomorrow and today collide
The moon is at its highest
And the twilight seems fitting
For in these moments
The light at the end of the world
Shines like a thousand suns....

Victor Gutierrez
can u return it?

u can make it sound better with a pedal if u cant.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
You can do so much better than that for $600. Seriously, you could've bought a hot rod dluxe instead. I don't have anything against the MG series except that they cost so much for so little. I would have rather gone the b52 half stack.
Quote by MannishBoy91
anybody have this amp? it sounded good at the store but not so much now. maybe i don't know crap about amp settings. i guess what i'm askin is: how do you get a good metal sound out of this thing? or is it a shit.ty amp?

bummer man, been there, owned the exact same amp, 100DFX. If you just bought it, try and return it ASAP, stores usually have at least a small window for returns. You can try for months, and you will never get a great metal tone out of that amp I'm afraid. I lived with mine for a few months, tried a buttload of pedals, and was never able to get a great tone out of it. Mine actually split down the seam of the particle board while I was sleeping one night, lol. If you can't return, just start saving. Hopefully you can find a pedal combination that will work in the meantime, but buy smart. Get stuff you know you will be able to use with a better amp.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by MannishBoy91
hmm....when i get a job i'll probly get somethin in the dsl series i guess........i did mess up, didn't i? i am able to make it sound decent with a pedal though.....

lol yeah I think a good majority have been down that path of owning an MG at some stage. I bought an MG15 ages ago mainly cause it was one of the cheapest amps in the shop at the time while I waited a few months to get my TSL but yeah they are crap amps. And as Erock said try and send it back if not try a few pedals but do a bit of research on them first cause there are some bad pedals out there too.
Quote by treagar
lol yeah I think a good majority have been down that path of owning an MG at some stage. I bought an MG15 ages ago mainly cause it was one of the cheapest amps in the shop at the time while I waited a few months to get my TSL but yeah they are crap amps. And as Erock said try and send it back if not try a few pedals but do a bit of research on them first cause there are some bad pedals out there too.

+1 Only for me it was the Spider II...
Gear
Custom Fender Strat
Oscar Schmidt Acoustic
VK 112
Epi VJ
EHX Holy Grail
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Modded Tubescreamer TS7 -> TS-808
Strat Knockoff
i'm looking for an a new amp and was considering this one but now think i'll reconsider. what are some other comparable amps that some of you would recommend? currently i'm using a '76 fender silverfaced champ. (newbie here - need an amp for practice here only but interested in playing with a variety of tones). thx.
Epiphone Les Paul Prophecy GX
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra
Ibanez RG5ERX1
Fender MIM Telecaster
Fender Acoustic
Fender Supersonic Combo
Boss TU-2 / CS-3 / DD-20 / Vox Satchurator / Hardwire CR-7 / Vox Big Bad Wah / ISP Decimator G-String