I've seen alot on the forums about wanting a gat for blues rock or a pedal for blues rock.....does this just mean hendrix and zeppelin??
whao dude...
Epiphone 335 Dot
Fender FM65R
EHX Big Muff
Boss Digidelay
Boss OD

AND I DONT LIKE NIRVANA THAT MUCH ITS JUST A COOL ANIMATION!!!
No it's not just limited to them. There are plenty of other Blues-based bands such as Cream, The Rolling Stones, even Black Sabbath and Deep Purple in some cases.

To define Blues Rock is actually redundant in a way because Rock n' Roll was created out of the Blues. Anyway, Blues Rock is basically Rock music infused with Blues styles and phrasings such as Minor Pentatonic solos and 12-bar shuffles usually consisting of 5th chords shifting to 6ths.
Last edited by distilledspirit at Mar 17, 2007,
there are plenty of blues based rock bands out there, look at guns and roses/velvet revolver - slash's playing is shaped almost completely around blues based runs and techniques. theres loads of others too: wolfmother, ac/dc, some iron maiden, the white stripes, the racontours, the strokes....
Fender American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster (2000)
Fender Classic Player 60's Stratocaster
Marshall JCM900 100w head & 4x12 cab

Korg DT-10 Tuner; Boss DD-3 Digital Delay; Jim Dunlop JH-1B Wah; Boss RT-20 Rotary Ensemble; MXR EVH Phase 90.
Quote by distilledspirit
Anyway, Blues Rock is basically Rock music infused with Blues styles and phrasings such as Minor Pentatonic solos and 12-bar shuffles usually consisting of 5th chords shifting to 6ths.

I would say the opposite: blues rock is blues music infused with rock style. More distortion, faster tempo, more energy.
"Rock music is important to people because... it allows you...not to run away
from the problems that are there, but to face up to them, but at
the same time to sort of dance all over them.
That's what rock 'n' roll's about."
--Pete Townshend
If blues had a teenage son who did drugs and disobeyed his parents you'd get blues rock.

The blues had a son his names was rock then rock had a son his names was Jimmy Page. (or any other mazing guitarist/band matching the above definitions. )
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
There is no definition of any genre. It's all based on opinion. People say blues uses twelve bar form, the blues scales and call-and-response lyrics. John Lee Hooker's lyrics were very seldom done in call-and-response, Son House didn't use twelve bar form and T-bone Walker usually used the Mixolydian scale. There are no definate characteristics of blues or any genre. Whatever that particuliar artist says they play is what they play. (except John Mayer, of course) It would be nearly impossible to clearly tell blues from rock anyway. Rock is a biproduct of the blues, so really every rock band is a blues rock band.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
Quote by zeppelinpage4
If blues had a teenage son who did drugs and disobeyed his parents you'd get blues rock.

The blues had a son his names was rock then rock had a son his names was Jimmy Page. (or any other mazing guitarist/band matching the above definitions. )

the real quote is " The Blues had a baby and named it Rock and Roll, Rock and Roll had a baby and name it Joe Perry"
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Quote by igotabcrich32
the real quote is " The Blues had a baby and named it Rock and Roll, Rock and Roll had a baby and name it Joe Perry"

That's it that's the right quote. Who made it up?
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

Steven Tyler
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Never heard it before, I had no idea he said that.

Quote by TDMize15
In a word: Eric Clapton.

That's 2 words
Blues rock is just rock music with a strong bluesy feel to it, or blues music with a "rocky" feel to it. Whatever you want to say.
Quote by ufossuck
There is no definition of any genre. It's all based on opinion. People say blues uses twelve bar form, the blues scales and call-and-response lyrics. John Lee Hooker's lyrics were very seldom done in call-and-response, Son House didn't use twelve bar form and T-bone Walker usually used the Mixolydian scale. There are no definate characteristics of blues or any genre. Whatever that particuliar artist says they play is what they play. (except John Mayer, of course) It would be nearly impossible to clearly tell blues from rock anyway. Rock is a biproduct of the blues, so really every rock band is a blues rock band.
right.

***CLOSED***
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.