Anyone ever feel like it's hard to bar strings with the thin fat necks on jackson guitars ( or potentially any other guitar with thin fat necks)?

I have problems holding down two strings at once without hitting the other surrounding strings due to the radius of the neck. Anyone else have this issue and any tips to help a newbie out? I'm sure more practice helps but with fat fingers like mine it makes it really difficult. I don't have much problems with my fender or sg in this respect.
don't try to not hit the other strings, concentrate on muting them

EDIT: I'll try to go into more detail. Lets say you have to play the 5th fret on the low E and the 7th fret on the D. So you are skipping the A string and not playing any others. You should put your first finger (pointer finger) on the fifth fret, and then bend your finger a little at the end so that the rest of your first finger is touching the other 5 strings, but not pushing down at all. You are dampening the strings. Then reach with your 3rd Finger (ring finger) and just push on the seventh. This makes it so you are muting the A string and any other strings you might accidently brush.

Hope that helped!
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
Last edited by PieceOfMind666 at Mar 17, 2007,
yes, i do this but I'm talking more about open chords like a e major or a major or
something like this
e ...o
b ...o
g ...4
d ...2
a 2 (let ring)
e x..x

I have to bar the 2nd fret a and d string (to let the A string ring through the chord) and also reach for the 4th fret g string. It ends up sounded muffled and/or choppy unless I concentrate and press at a very ackward angle. It puts a ton of pressure on my wrist and fingers and would be nearly impossible to play at a reasonable speed. (at least for the time being.) not to mention the fatigue in my fretting hand. It's getting quite frustrating.
Quote by Diamond Dave
just practise, i do stuff like that all the time, i let the last joint in my finger lock though, maybe bad technique on my part but i dont really know, works for me

yea, i do the same thing... TS, if you're used to fender necks, i guess it'll take some time to get comfortable on a jackson neck and jumbo frets, just practice.
yep, I was afraid practice would be the only answer. lol.

seriously though I love the guitar, but I feel almost like it's a better lead guitar than rhythm do to the thin fat neck.
For some people the fretboard radiusof jacksons is hard to play with, I don't have a problem with playing on jackson necks it helps me in alot of places. Some people work better with smaller fretboard radii.

It's just preference and what works best for you.
^ +1 but always warm up before you play though.to stretch those tiny muscles around your hands.