Hello UG

I've been playing acoustic fore 2 years or so now, and now i wanna play an electric I'm pretty sure that i've decided to buy an Epi Les Paul Standard, and i want to play almost all sorts of rock. (Haven't been able to do that very much on the acoustic )

My question is weather i should buy a Pod XT and use it with my stereo, or get an amp in the same price-level

Hope you can help me
Amp
Quote by Izdigger
Arrrgh! The agony! Bring me a virgin and a cup of Devil's brew!

Quote by mr kipling
I can sweep with my boner.I have to use light strings, otherwise My penis will look like an emo wrist.
Depends on what you want to do.

But it also depends on what amp you're planning to get.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Jinskee
Depends on what you want to do.

But it also depends on what amp you're planning to get.

Worrddd.

Whats your budget on an amp?
I was thinking about 300 $ Used i think. (But wouldn't i have to get pedals too then?)

It's just to play at home? I have no idea what amp i should buy, but it deff should be useable fore many kinds of music.

But i also kind'a need a reason, why i should buy the amp instead of the Pod, since i also have some very nice hifi at home, wich could be used with the pod. ?
If you want to record at home, the pod is the more suitable reason...

You're getting the pod xt 2 right? The updated one or whatever? I've heard em' being played on and they give some awesome tone!
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
POD would be a nice choice. Everyone is going to say "OMFG TUBE COMBO!!" but the POD is a nice tool and will sound quite nice under studio direct through a stereo or PA. The POD is a great learning tool for learning different sounds and amps, and developing an ear for what you look for in a tone if you know what I'm saying. Also the USB feature makes it great for easy high quality guitar recording.
I don't think that it'll be used alot fore recording.

Yes i think that that's the one i'm at, but don't know weather to buy it or not?
Fore 300 $, would i get an Amp + the same effects, that will sound as good as the pod?

Cause if not, then i see no reason why not to buy it ?