ok, how do you know if your screaming from your throat or stomaxch? is it possible to do both at the same time? cause i think i am, when i scream i use my stomach to force the air out but i seem to tighten my throat, and i was screaming along with some atreyu and cradle of filth yesterday and my throat killed when i woke up the next morning. help?!?!?!?!?!
Screaming will hurt the throat no matter what. Just give your throat some time to heal and it will be ok.
* casualty01 slinks away, sad, with a paddle in one hand and a strap on in the other.
Don't force when you do it or you definitely will hurt yourself. Most people who are good at it barely have to force it at all and for good reason. If you can't do it without forcing you will hurt yourself.

As for now drink some honey in lukewarm water and avoid talking, singing, and screaming.
I use my throat, and people (my band) think it sounds pretty good.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Quote by Rebourne
Don't force when you do it or you definitely will hurt yourself. Most people who are good at it barely have to force it at all and for good reason. If you can't do it without forcing you will hurt yourself.

As for now drink some honey in lukewarm water and avoid talking, singing, and screaming.

thanks, will do.

but screaming from your throat can cause damage only fixed by surgery and i dont want tht to happen!!! i need to know if i am screaming from my throat so i can correct the problem. but i will do the honey thing, thanks!!
Quote by acousticpyro23
Screaming will hurt the throat no matter what. Just give your throat some time to heal and it will be ok.

not at all. for beginners it will, but if you train your voice and dont do it to hard you'll be fine.
like all things with singing, find your range. then you wont have to push. keep listening to new artists. I used to be able to scream like sugarcult but smoking has taken its toll...when you do find your range, QUIT SMOKiNg trust me, there out there. keep searching
Don't force it from your throat or you'll fuck your vocal cords to pieces.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

You have to scream in your natural range. If I tried to do the vocals to a cradle of filth song, it would rip my throat up, but im ok with deicide.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
yea im not new to screaming ive been doing it a decent enough time for my throat to be used to it but i guess i just pushed it a little hard the other day, but i didnt stumble upon a new technique i can do, the demon houl type thing danni filth does. but im not gonna sing until practice which is in 4 days, so i should be good then. ha one thing thought is does anyone got any good tips for getting rid of stage fright? lol, bad thing to have when our a lead vocalist! lol, idk though the first couple of shows may go bad but after that i should be used to it.