Would anyone happen to know of a bigger (say 50 watts) active monitor that's cheap AND compact like the cube monitor? I mean, i love the cube monitor but i'm looking for something with a bit more wattage. And i want something that's kinda compact because i don't wanna lug a around a huge monitor. Thanks!
Heads up to everyone, new person using this account
Quote by zwound
^ looks like an amp to me, meh .

ok the spammage shall stop now.

It is an amp. But it's a guitar/bass/keyboard/vocal/horn/trombone/drum/everything amp. And it doesn't color your sound at all
are u using it just for guitar?
what's ur budget.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
below 400 dollars. I just need like 50 watts, for guitar and for additional PA sometimes.
sorry , i was away. i cant answer ur question exactly, but ill at least try to bump u here...

ive got a roland AC-60. about $100 more than ur budget, but it's only about 12lbs and can be used with electrics, and has a ton of outputs, including a sub woffer out, for other applications.

im not sure who's got the best monitor in this price range tho. never used a small monitor like the cm30. i have seen a couple of one box pa systems. i think the cube has one too.

i do suggest u check used. maybe get something geared towards clean guitar, most of them have two inputs, and u can mic for additional pa applications.

the roland JC-120 is great for jazz and can be found used for about $400.

if ur dead set against using an acoustic / jazz or keyboard amp.

then check out a portable pa system.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by jj1565
sorry , i was away. i cant answer ur question exactly, but ill at least try to bump u here...

ive got a roland AC-60. about $100 more than ur budget, but it's only about 12lbs and can be used with electrics, and has a ton of outputs, including a sub woffer out, for other applications.

im not sure who's got the best monitor in this price range tho. never used a small monitor like the cm30. i have seen a couple of one box pa systems. i think the cube has one too.

i do suggest u check used. maybe get something geared towards clean guitar, most of them have two inputs, and u can mic for additional pa applications.

the roland JC-120 is great for jazz and can be found used for about $400.

if ur dead set against using an acoustic / jazz or keyboard amp.

then check out a portable pa system.

Thanks. I was looking at the roland AC-60 btw, it looks good. I don't really care about gain because i got a few pedals (yesss... i still had money after they all got stolen, fortunately). I care more about transparency...
I've heard really good things of Carvin's active moniters, but I haven't tried them out and know nothing of the price.
How about 1 box pa systems?

Know any good LIGHT ones? 50-60 watts is fine, but not too heavy as i carry it by myself lol.
Quote by Kunundrum
Thanks. I was looking at the roland AC-60 btw, it looks good. I don't really care about gain because i got a few pedals (yesss... i still had money after they all got stolen, fortunately). I care more about transparency...

well if u go to the roland.com site and flip thru the fax section, ull see the ac-60 can be used for electrics, but ive never used pedals thru it. i would think for that, ud need a sub woofer to get a better heavy tone.

it have two inputs, one even excepts XLR mics, but whenever u insert 2 things into an amp, u cut the watts in half. soooo, yeah go for a PA system.
let me see.. all i know, is stay away from the fender passport system.

check out yamaha, maybe find a stagepass used...
http://www.zzounds.com/item--YAMSTAGEPAS300

and there's this nady, they have a smaller one i think. i think this is the one with the handle and wheels...
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Nady-RPA4-Portable-PA-System?sku=630399&src=3SOSWXXA
ive never seen one used, but it looks ok.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Hey, that nady looks good. Thanks, i'll check it out