Anyone here used this pedal? How is it? I've been reading alot of good things about it, and was thinking about trying one out and possibly picking one up. I've also thought about stuff like a BOSS SD-1, or a Maxon OD 808 as well. But from what I've heard, the Bad Monkey sounds like a real steal, some say it's better than an SD-1. Thoughts?

I will mainly be using an OD pedal to push my JCM 800 into high-gain territory, but would probably use it for occasional classic rock and blues stuff.
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
They are simply fantastic man, I use one through my little valve junior rig at home and it really pushes it. I like the tone of it as much as the original tube screamer. If you're into classic rock sounds and earlier overdrives this pedal just kills.
Sweet! I read somewhere that they have more low end than most OD's, and you can get a nice boost without a huge midrange spike. That's one thing I didn't like about the Zakk Wylde overdrive I used to have. It killed off my low end hardcore whenever I used it.

I'm into a wide variety of music/tones really. Pretty much most of the of 70's/80's metal/rock, melodic death metal, metalcore, punk, blues, indie, etc.
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

Well there ya go! It's ideal for that man.

And yes it does have a thick sound.. not muddy at all just a real nice sweet spot.
the best thing is that doesn't suck tone at all, i use it with my Microcube and through the PC with amplitube. It works great as a signal boost.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
Excellent! This all sounds very promising. Looks like a great alternative to the expensive 808-OD's
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

Could I consider trading my BOSS DS-1 for one of these? Cause I think I will, had the DS-1 for a long time but this sounds better.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
One of the best overdrives I've ever tried. I can't recommend it enough.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
got mine last wednesday. mainly i wana use it to boost my sansamp gt-2 and its great. and im sure it would be great with jcm.

and another thing is that the bad monkey is not digital like the other digitech pedal.

not a waste of money..
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Ive tried every tubescreamer type pedal and like the bad monkey more than any of em. It's the only one that doesnt loose bass response when its kicked in. It's not as warm sounding as some but gives a nice mid spike and makes harmonics jump out
Quote by jonnyguitarman
Ive tried every tubescreamer type pedal and like the bad monkey more than any of em. It's the only one that doesnt loose bass response when its kicked in. It's not as warm sounding as some but gives a nice mid spike and makes harmonics jump out

jonny why do you use an additional gain as well as your 6505?. surely thats enough to kill small animals..
Well it depends on what you want really, i'd have to say that the 808 would be the best of those pedals, the Bad Monkey would be the best value though. The Bad monkey is supposed to be simillar to the TS-9 and is SO much different tonally to the SD-1. The SD-1 is very nice for Heavier stuff, the Bad Monkey is good for more creamy sounds and the 808 is the absolute king, it's true bypass, beautiful creamy sounds but i don't think it has a whole lot of gain although coupled with the overdrive on a tube amp it should be enough for most genres
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
^i'm pretty sure the TS808 isn't true bypass. The Maxon OD808's are, however.
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat,
Epiphone Les Paul ES,
Line6 Flextone III,
Laney VC15,
Some pedals,
Some recording gear.