Page 1 of 3
What's your view on drinking? I mean alcoholic beverages, obviously.

Here's my thoughts:

Drinking is shit. Bullshit. No use. It's gay, theres no point to it. All it does is cause problems, drunk driving, deaths, one night stands, people going crazy and screwing up their lives, wastes of money, liver problems, throwing up, hangovers. All that. If you're depressed, go get a damned counselour.

I hate it when people drink. I was once at a Christmas party... a family one, with my cousins and all that. I was happy... a rare occasion. Yay, it's the Christmas spirit and all that. My stomach dropped when I saw one of my uncle's bring in a big box of liquor. Now, our family doesn't really get drunk and dance on the table, but most of my cousins tend to drink alot, not enough to get drunk... man I really got pissed off there.

I have a few friends who actually drink too... one gets drunk when his parents go out of town, same with his bro, they keep an eye on each other then later, the other gets drunk and all that. They are really cool people too, why the alcohol?
My ex-girlfriend also drank too. I'm not sure to what extent, but according to her, "Not enough fall up the stairs like my cousin Tiffany". We were talking on the phone when she decided to grab a Coke and put some... Vodka? I'm not sure. But she put some of that in it. Man. Killed the mood. I went out with her for another week till she broke up with me...
I also know this guy on the internet, prolly aroudn 14 or so. He's from somewhere in Europe, and he does get drunk... Gets me pissed. I've had times where I'm talking to him and he mentions that he wants to get a beer and stuff... I can't believe these people.

Drinking is just a waste of time and money. It's ****ing useless. I hate it. Ban that shit.
Your opinion.

I on the otherhand think of drinking as a form of relaxation, i dont go get all out drunk every weekend, i might have a few drinks, just enough to get me feeling happy and talkative. Yeah, people that go out and get drunk every night and brag baout how drunk they get everynight then they go drive and kill some innocent kid on the side of the street..are ****ing morons. But just a few drinks to chill with friends, relax in my room? I dont see a problem with that.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

Let people do what they want. There are a lot worse things in the world like kitten kickers. Are you saying it's not ok to drink but it's ok to kick kittens? You sicken me.
667 The neighbor of the beast

Yamaha APX-8S
I pretty much agree, all of that stuff does happen because of drinking. But one thing I've realized, you have to let people do what they want. It's there lives, let them do what they want. If you dont drink, whatever, if they drink, whatever.

P.S. I dont drink.
Quote by RPGoof

Drinking is just a waste of time and money. It's ****ing useless. I hate it. Ban that shit.

Prohibition all over again.

I'm against drinking just to get drunk but a little wine to relax you is OK.
a glass of red wine a day is good for you so shut up and stop your bitching. Some people like my friends and I are happy drunks. We play guitar and just have a good time doing stupid shit like pushing down trees (I live next to a state park). Drinking with my friends is fun and it is easier to show how you feal.
Death Cube K

Quote by primusfan
i know an old lady who supports abortion because it's generally low-class black women getting it performed and for her the less inner-city black kids (or blacks in general) there are, the better.

Oh Damn
Last edited by ihatefender at Mar 17, 2007,
Quote by MikeMuncy
I pretty much agree, all of that stuff does happen because of drinking. But one thing I've realized, you have to let people do what they want. It's there lives, let them do what they want. If you dont drink, whatever, if they drink, whatever.

P.S. I dont drink.

It's their lives and the lives of innocent people involved in car crashes and other alcohol related problems.
As long as it's in moderation I'm fine with it. When people get completely shit-faced it becomes a problem.
Quote by DaveMustaine08
Quote by puppetmaster917
I think white people are better than black people.
While this statement is kinda racist and straightforward, it does have many FACTS to back it up lolz.

Quote by MikeMuncy
But one thing I've realized, you have to let people do what they want. It's there lives, let them do what they want.

It's their lives until it interferes with yours because you have tiremarks on your back.
Quote by RPGoof
"Not enough fall up the stairs like my cousin Tiffany"

I hate it when I fall up the stairs.
Quote by chickenwing1
Let people do what they want. There are a lot worse things in the world like kitten kickers. Are you saying it's not ok to drink but it's ok to kick kittens? You sicken me.

lolololololololol
I think you're overreacting.
Sure, alcohol causes lots of problems, but most people are able to control their consumption.

It's sad when people base their life around alcohol, though. I've met people who barely talk about anything but alcohol and drinking, and i find them insanely boring.
Drinking is a form of relaxation. I would drink, but I wouldn't get drunk.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
You can hate it all you want, but (as has already been mentioned) people can drink if they like. In addition, there are those of us who enjoy it and don't need someone telling us that we shouldn't be able to, aight?
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
a drink here and there never hurts anyone.
but its pretty gay when kids that are 14 and 15 drink to the "cool". Im a freshman in high school and i dont drink. but there are kids in my grade who get drunk just about every weekend, or come to school drunk. They all laugh about it and think they're all the shit and whatnot. But finally one of them got sent to rehab.
Quote by The_Hell_Patrol
I say pwnd/owned alot, and n00b even more frequently.

It comes up every few seconds actually. I actually said "imma pwn j00 n00b" to my girlfriend i think. She had no idea what i wastalking about, so i pwnt her n00b ass.
I haven't ever had any type of alcohol, and I don't plan to. I don't care if it's not that bad, I don't like anything that alters my mind.
Dickless.
Drinking is fine, i've been out drinking tonight (went to see a band in town) but didnt over do it, i fell great and not getting into any bother. It's only a problem when someone overdoes it to the point when start causing trouble.
Bass Player
Drinking is acceptable in moderation. However underage drinking pisses me off.

I'm 14, as are most of my friends. Last night, a friend of mine had a party and about 7 kids came late. Two of them were sober. They had walked to the party and the two sober kids were pretty stressed, as they were trying to keep the drunk kids from getting hit by cars.

One kid was VERY drunk, and I spent most of the night trying to keep him from falling over, and plied with water. He kept apologising to me aswell.
shut up. stop bitching about this. ur upset becuase a guy you dont really even know said that he wanted a beer and that your family was drinking, but not even gettin real drunk. Drinking is completely fine and doesnt only do bad things. sure, it can do bad things, but not all the time. some people are stupid, and overdo it and drink and drive. but just to chill with friends is a good time. seriously have yourself a couple of shots and see what its all about. i now tons of people who drink and are ended up fine and are really cool people. stop complaining
Nerdo-sez-bo wrote:

Bon Jovi can just **** off really.

Life is one big question when your starin at the clock
And the answers always waiting at the liquor store, 40 oz to Freedom
Quote by _fender_fan_
Drinking is acceptable in moderation. However underage drinking pisses me off.

I'm 14, as are most of my friends. Last night, a friend of mine had a party and about 7 kids came late. Two of them were sober. They had walked to the party and the two sober kids were pretty stressed, as they were trying to keep the drunk kids from getting hit by cars.

One kid was VERY drunk, and I spent most of the night trying to keep him from falling over, and plied with water. He kept apologising to me aswell.

yea thats what i hate

i was at a party last year, adn the girl who was throwing it went up stairs to her room with like 3-4 other girls (we were in the basement). They leave us down there for about 30min and come back with alcohol on their breath. I thought that was pretty gay.
Quote by The_Hell_Patrol
I say pwnd/owned alot, and n00b even more frequently.

It comes up every few seconds actually. I actually said "imma pwn j00 n00b" to my girlfriend i think. She had no idea what i wastalking about, so i pwnt her n00b ass.
Quote by LynchMobster
shut up. stop bitching about this. ur upset becuase a guy you dont really even know said that he wanted a beer and that your family was drinking, but not even gettin real drunk. Drinking is completely fine and doesnt only do bad things. sure, it can do bad things, but not all the time. some people are stupid, and overdo it and drink and drive. but just to chill with friends is a good time. seriously have yourself a couple of shots and see what its all about. i now tons of people who drink and are ended up fine and are really cool people. stop complaining

I just hate when people drink. You don't need alcohol to have a good time.
My lil internet friend there seemed like he was getting an addiction going...
i also enjoy a drink every now and then. but i see why you dont like it.
it obviously causes problems.
Morally, I believe any substance that alters the mind is inherently bad and should never be taken; alcohol included.

I agree with your (threadstarter) thoughts on the other effects drinking has on people. It's not always the drunk people that have to suffer the consequences (drunk driving, etc, as was mentioned.) Which is a point a lot of people (not all, though) who drink seem to ignore.
When crying don't help
You can't compose yourself
It's best to compose a poem
An honest verse of longing
Or a simple song of hope...
People die from alcohol, because thier ****ing retards lol they dont know thier limits and end up doing something stupid!

I drink alot, and its st pattys day and i drank today too i used to drink way too much, and throw up everywhre but now i know my limit, and drinking is soo much fun, and its great to get chicks drunk! lol
I think it's stupid to engage in something that alters the mind, kind of like that dude above said. I think having a drink occasionally the way some people have a cup of wine or a beer to relax or socialize is fine. That's about it. I've never drank, I don't plan to any time soon. There's not many things to me that are more annoying to see high school kids bragging about getting drunk and acting like assholes. I don't see why it's so cool to act like a total goddamn idiot. I make it somewhat of a point that I want to be able to think clearly and be in total control of myself. So in general, I agree that drinking is pretty much bullshit. People shouldn't need intoxicants to have fun. People who go out to parties and get drunk all the time never seem to excel in anything and are generally people I don't want to be around seeing as that's their main activity and I don't do that crap.
Last edited by SickMetal at Mar 17, 2007,
Quote by LadyHellraiser
Listen to him, he's a genius.

And i agree with him completely. It desecrates families, and relationships. don't do it kids.

siggable?

Indeed it is.
Dickless.
I dont see a problem with drinking. As long as your responsible about it, it really doesn't bother me. I dont drink, but I probably will from time to time once I reach the legal age. Like someone said before me, drinking doesn't kill people, morons who drink kill people.
Quote by captain_jack
I dont see a problem with drinking. As long as your responsible about it, it really doesn't bother me. I dont drink, but I probably will from time to time once I reach the legal age. Like someone said before me, drinking doesn't kill people, morons who drink kill people.

Yea, and guns don't kill people, bullets kill people.
My english teacher never drank anything and that's because she "Witnessed her friends getting drunk and acting like assholes" And she doesn't want to "look like an ass"
It's cool when teachers swear. lol.
Why are people so uppety about people getting drunk? People are allowed to make their own choices in life, just because you don't agree with something, that doesn't mean it's the end all of something. I'm in full support of drinking, it helps you relax and can be an amazing addition to a night. People can be stupid with drink, but people ARE stupid and find many ways to be stupid.

And to people wanting to "ban that shit", shut the **** up. Some people make their entire livings out of selling alcohol, including myself, and it's the best job I'll ever have.

Just my 2 cents

EDIT:

Some of my best friendships have been based around and formed over the consumption of alcohol. I'm sure many people can attest that drinking improves your mindset on meeting new people, giving you the confidence to talk to people you would never usually talk to.
Last edited by Zakk_Wylde001 at Mar 17, 2007,
Quote by RPGoof
What's your view on drinking? I mean alcoholic beverages, obviously.

Here's my thoughts:

Drinking is shit. Bullshit. No use. It's gay, theres no point to it. All it does is cause problems, drunk driving, deaths, one night stands, people going crazy and screwing up their lives, wastes of money, liver problems, throwing up, hangovers. All that. If you're depressed, go get a damned counselour.

I hate it when people drink. I was once at a Christmas party... a family one, with my cousins and all that. I was happy... a rare occasion. Yay, it's the Christmas spirit and all that. My stomach dropped when I saw one of my uncle's bring in a big box of liquor. Now, our family doesn't really get drunk and dance on the table, but most of my cousins tend to drink alot, not enough to get drunk... man I really got pissed off there.

I have a few friends who actually drink too... one gets drunk when his parents go out of town, same with his bro, they keep an eye on each other then later, the other gets drunk and all that. They are really cool people too, why the alcohol?
My ex-girlfriend also drank too. I'm not sure to what extent, but according to her, "Not enough fall up the stairs like my cousin Tiffany". We were talking on the phone when she decided to grab a Coke and put some... Vodka? I'm not sure. But she put some of that in it. Man. Killed the mood. I went out with her for another week till she broke up with me...
I also know this guy on the internet, prolly aroudn 14 or so. He's from somewhere in Europe, and he does get drunk... Gets me pissed. I've had times where I'm talking to him and he mentions that he wants to get a beer and stuff... I can't believe these people.

dude ur 13 how do u know yet I mean I dont drink but i plan to drink something.
Quote by jakemac
dude ur 13 how do u know yet I mean I dont drink but i plan to drink something.

Last time I checked I'm 14, and what do you mean how do I know? How do I know the effects of alcohol? I'm not THAT ignorant.
Page 1 of 3