Well, whenever I am not doing anything in class or in the car, I try to practice my right and left hand techniques. Sometimes I will string out my left fingers out as much and as long as possible in kind of a pulsing motion. Others times (most of the time) I will practice my two and three finger picking techniques. I am really surprised how fast I got the three finger picking down because I remember I always thought it would be tough to do. I play three fingers mostly now except when I play fast, then I use two fingers or sometimes a pick.

So anyway, anybody else ever do this sort of thing?
Rhythm Harmony Melody
ya i went to australia for 3 weeks and was better when i got back
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
I do at school almost non-stop .. finger picking, slapping, and popping the edge of the desk that is. I never actually considered it a way to help me, but I guess in theory it does. I mainly do it in habit and to keep myself awake.
Last edited by Kekumba at Mar 17, 2007,
Quote by Kekumba
I do at school almost non-stop .. finger picking, slapping, and popping the edge of the desk that is. I never actually considered it a way to help me, but I guess in theory it does. I mainly do it in habit and to keep myself away.

Actually, I do this kind of stuff too for guitar. Quite often I'd find myself doing scale runs with my left hand on the top of a desk or something. I like to think it's gradually increasing my ability to fret and increasing finger speed & dexterity.
Bring back Tabo
yeah, dude kinda weird for me.....I've been playing guitar for like 4 years...I can play bass much better than my friend who has been playing bass for 7.
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
mabye your friend just sucks
I shot JR

Quote by Drmckool
mabye your friend just sucks

.....go whack off to Fruscante
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
i'm just saying 7 years of playing bass and you've been playing guitar for 4 years and your better than him.

there are two likely reasons

1. he has a bad practice regime and is a bassist by name only
2. your really dedicated to the guitar

either or and i said mabye not a definite
I shot JR

I slap and pop the desks a lot, which I suppose helped me get into the hang of it when I first learnt the technqiue. I don't do many hand exersizes though, maybe I should start.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
i just play a lot of bass. when i'm not doing that i play guitar.
Too cool for a signature.
Quote by Dinkydaisy
I slap and pop the desks a lot, which I suppose helped me get into the hang of it when I first learnt the technqiue. I don't do many hand exersizes though, maybe I should start.

I use my bag whenever I'm walking around, it hangs at just a perfect angle against my side for me to slap and pop against the corner of it. All good.

By the way, 'Prufrock and Other Observations' FTW!
Quote by Sizzleby
I could watch your avatar for hours.
Quote by thewho65
It's official: apparently, the U.K. is a nation of trolls.

ORANGE AMPLIFIERS Endorser and Proud.
oh i also practice on the curling ice on my broom. when i'm walking down the sheet or waiting for a shot i slap and pop
I shot JR