I got a ball python and I have been noticing that her shedded skin has been staying on her and I know this is because of humidity problems. Which is weird because I mist down the cage every day and I always have a water bowl in there. So I go and buy a hygrostat(humidity measuring device) and misted down the cage pretty good and the humidity got around 70. From my research I found out that you can't let it drop below 60. Ok so everything was fine, I went out for a couple of hours and come back to find that the humidity is in the upper 40's which is bad so I mist it down again. So now a another few hours pass it drops down to around 50ish again. I just misted the cage again. I know for a fact that I should'nt be misting it down this often. Does anyone know what the problem could be?
A hole?
Guitars:
Epiphone Elitist Les Paul Custom WCR and Dimarzio equipped
Amp:
Marshall 2266 Vintage Modern
Marshall 1960TV
Effects:
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
I used to have a chameleon and there humidity always has to be really high, so i bought an automatic mister. You can set it to spray every 20 minutes or so, theres a bunch of settings. Just go to your local pet store and they should carry it, if not its made by exo-terra. Good luck with that man.
Quote by ^Slash^
A hole?

thats what she said

where are you keeping the cage/house for the snake thing? is it warm there?
mofoin' Snakes In A Mofoin' Cage!?!
Live as a man. Die as a man. Become a man.

That's the proof of your incompetence, right there.
You lack the qualifications to exercise free will.
Quote by mitch_33
I used to have a chameleon and there humidity always has to be really high, so i bought an automatic mister. You can set it to spray every 20 minutes or so, theres a bunch of settings. Just go to your local pet store and they should carry it, if not its made by exo-terra. Good luck with that man.

I had some veild chameleons and i searched for ever for an auto mister because i had to spray them down like 10 times a day. It sucked

Fender Strat
Alexi Laiho ESP

Quote by Doolittle
one time i masturbated into a pumpkins. needless to say
PWNED

Follower of the UG Faith, PM me to join!
I think you're just misting too much...ball pythons don't have a ton of humidity in the wild either so....just try holding back on the misting a little bit. Can it soak itself in the water though?
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
I also have a ball python that has shedding problems. Here's some techniques that might help you.

-Leave a moist towel over the top of the cage (don't cover the cage completely though). This will keep the humidity up and works fine.

-Buy Shedding Aid from Petco and put it on before your snake sheds. That stuff really helps a lot and it's also good for getting rid of excess skin that doesn't come off during shedding.

I hope this helps. I'm not an expert so I may not be totally right but maybe this will cut it.
get an auto misting thing. you might also want to have a bowl filled with water so that it can get in it by itself. about the skin....your snake should have some kind of rocks/sticks so that it can rub itself agains to shed its skin. if this isn't enough, u can go ahead and help it by pulling the sking back (from nose to tail) as it moves forward. what kind of aquarium do u have? you'll need one with a full cover to keep the humidity in there as well as a heat rock (keep a constant body temperature) and a reptile lamp (heats up body temp so that it can get energy).
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.