ktjackfan
YEAH!
201 IQ
Self-explanatory title. Preferably acoustic songs.
Quote by GuitarHero0715
yea, i know what you mean, i think it means you have balls, not sure, thats what i heard from my dad, although he wasnt sober

Quote by Sinforsale
Welcome to UG, The "safest" place on the Net.

a Tip is this: Dont Go Into the Pit Under ANY Circumstance.
Ibzman
204 IQ
Patience by Guns N Roses, Dont Cry by Guns N Roses. GNR FTW
My gear:
-Ibanez JS 6000 Custom w/ 11-48 gauge
-Ibanez FGM 400BB w/ 10-46 gauge
-Peavey 6505 2x12 Combo
-MXR Phase 90
-Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
-Morley Wah/Volume Pro Series II
-Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer
-Gator G-Bus 8
-Xotic BB Preamp
ktjackfan
YEAH!
201 IQ
goods, goods... thanks
Quote by GuitarHero0715
yea, i know what you mean, i think it means you have balls, not sure, thats what i heard from my dad, although he wasnt sober

Quote by Sinforsale
Welcome to UG, The "safest" place on the Net.

a Tip is this: Dont Go Into the Pit Under ANY Circumstance.
evening_crow
Live: from Japan!!!
1,711 IQ
the man who sold the world (nirvana versions), don't cry (guns n' roses), some our lady peace (though i think most of them are Eb + dropped D
(\__/)
(='.'=)
Hi!!! I'm Bob.
(")_(")

Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

Founder of the "I ♥ Fire" Club PM me to join.
Gen. Crow of the Pizza Bite Army
Me. Naked.

WARNING: I kill threads.
SG6578
745 IQ
anything by guns n roses, velvet revolver, or rise against
Gear:
2006 Gibson LP Standard-Wine Red
1984 Marshall JCM-800 Head
Custom Built 2x12 with Eminence Texas Heats
nezv6
120 IQ
most staind acoustic songs
outside
so far away, etc

through glass, stone sour
Calum_Barrow
(the return)
1,255 IQ
The Boxer - Simon And Garfunkel
So Clear - Pentangle

Those are two of my favourites.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
sTx
Proud Autodidact
1,692 IQ
Acoustic Medley by In Flames
You simply MUST check out my music on
Reverbnation Downloads available here
Myspace Streaming Only

Especially for fans of Tool, APC, Avant-Garde, Ambient music, rock instrumentals, and fans of music in general. Will not disappoint.
Felkara
~Maria my star...~
1,200 IQ
Wake Up by Coheed and Cambria is a semitone. You might like that.
Quote by Sizzleby
I could watch your avatar for hours.
Quote by thewho65
It's official: apparently, the U.K. is a nation of trolls.

ORANGE AMPLIFIERS Endorser and Proud.
noxios
UG Senior Member
1,606 IQ
the 4 last song of the gnr lies album

- patience
- used to love her
- you're crazy
- one in a million

staind has a few but I don't know the titles.

nothing else matters sounds pretty good in Eb
Quote by NoobMuncher3000
BRILLIANT!

Quote by weemansyndrome

(__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.
DMCrimson
223 IQ
Every single Smashing Pumpkins song is in the key of Eb.
merkalos666
Metal Pagan
85 IQ
not disarm. that's in standard.^ heaven by warrant and every rose has its thorn by poison. diary of a madman by ozzy is partially acoustic and in e flat, so is mama i'm coming home, i ain't no nice guy by motorhead, bard's song by blind guardian, mama said by metallica, simple man by skynyrd, part of we're all 2 blame by sum 41.
AtrumArx
157 IQ
Blind Guardian is in Eb. Their acoustic songs are great, too.
Current gear:
LTD MH-301 fitted with EMG 81/60
Ibanez SZ320
Peavey 5150 with JJ tubes
Avatar 4x12 with Warehouse Veteran 30 and British Lead Speakers
Crate XT120R
Kartman
Samuel in da tub.
2,406 IQ
You can play anything in E flat tuning in standard, it'll just sound a semitone sharp if you play along with the album. But, if you're really adomant on playing along with an album that's also in E flat, you could play anything off of Nirvana Unplugged album, with the exception of a couple songs that are in drop C#.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
johnos
641 IQ
Peaches And Cream - John Butler Trio
Juicyfood
"Bamboozled"
85 IQ
Hendrix, HENDRIX HENDRIX HENDRIX
Welcome to the Internet ladies and gentleman
Captaincranky
288 IQ
Quote by Juicyfood
Hendrix, HENDRIX HENDRIX HENDRIX
I don't know how the "I don't know how to read words", thing came about, but neither you, nor Mr johnos, know how to read dates.
schalk70
Tab Contributor
34 IQ
the whole great Album "breathe again" by midge ure...you will love it...2015 unplugged live
Juicyfood
"Bamboozled"
85 IQ
I'm pretty sure the who's "Love Rein' O'er Me" Is in Eb tuning.
Captaincranky
288 IQ
Quote by Juicyfood
I'm pretty sure the who's "Love Rein' O'er Me" Is in Eb tuning.
Townshend uses a capo quite a bit. There is at least a possibility the song is done in, "cowboy C", (C, F, & G), with a capo on 3rd fret. Have you tried that?
treborillusion
UG Fanatic
3,126 IQ
Acoustic Rocket Queen' or Bad Obsession by Guns N' Roses? One In A Million by Guns N' Roses is one of the only songs I know how to sing and play at the time time; like One In a Million, Dead Horse, November Rain and Reckless Life I can sing, play, a bit, I guess. One In a Million, signing that one (of all the songs I had to know how to sing/play on guitar right), with vocal/voice projection (which is all handy if you want to be heard in the back row)... So you have to shout it basically in key or whatever... Loud!... Playing singing One In a Million is both a fun and liberating experience.
Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
Last edited by treborillusion at Jun 27, 2016,
Juicyfood
"Bamboozled"
85 IQ
Quote by Captaincranky
Townshend uses a capo quite a bit. There is at least a possibility the song is done in, "cowboy C", (C, F, & G), with a capo on 3rd fret. Have you tried that?

No I have not but I might try it my good sir, however I find it sounds much better in Eb but, I might be wrong.
Captaincranky
288 IQ
Quote by Juicyfood
No I have not but I might try it my good sir, however I find it sounds much better in Eb but, I might be wrong.
It's not a question of either of us being right or wrong. There also exists the possibility there's an overdubbed guitar part on the album. So, guitar 1 Eb tuning, Guitar 2, capo on 3, play in C.

My ear is only so-so. I had much better luck picking "Tommy" off the > vinyl LP< (!), than "Quadrophenia".

At one point in their stage act, Townshend took to playing Les Pauls with number stickers on them. Ostensibly, these had capos on different frets. IIRC, Pete said he had guitars at the ready with capos in , (at least on the 3rd & 5th, and possibly the 1st fret as well).
Last edited by Captaincranky at Jun 28, 2016,
Juicyfood
"Bamboozled"
85 IQ
Quote by Juicyfood

Not really, It's more of an Eb song isn't it, but I'm pretty sure he uses that tuning, but "Love reign O'er me" Is in Eb
Juicyfood
"Bamboozled"
85 IQ
AC/DC used quite a bit of Eb, I know "Highway to hell" is in Eb and a few others.
Juicyfood
"Bamboozled"
85 IQ
Quote by Captaincranky
It's not a question of either of us being right or wrong. There also exists the possibility there's an overdubbed guitar part on the album. So, guitar 1 Eb tuning, Guitar 2, capo on 3, play in C.

My ear is only so-so. I had much better luck picking "Tommy" off the > vinyl LP< (!), than "Quadrophenia".

At one point in their stage act, Townshend took to playing Les Pauls with number stickers on them. Ostensibly, these had capos on different frets. IIRC, Pete said he had guitars at the ready with capos in , (at least on the 3rd & 5th, and possibly the 1st fret as well).

He may have used a overdub with a capo in "Reign O'er me" as well as a guitar in E flat.
Last edited by Juicyfood at Jun 29, 2016,
Captaincranky
288 IQ
Quote by Captaincranky
Quote by Juicyfood
He may have used a overdub with a capo in "Reign O'er me" as well as a guitar in E flat.
Verily I say unto thee, I already said that...
Juicyfood
"Bamboozled"
85 IQ
Quote by Captaincranky
Verily I say unto thee, I already said that...

Apologies, I say unto thee, i don't like to read.
treborillusion
UG Fanatic
3,126 IQ
Why not taking a song that's recorded in E standard and playing it in Eb like anyone else looking to play in Eb?
Recommendations: Slash ft. Andrew Stockdale - By The Sword, no reason to not play this in Eb.
Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
Captaincranky
288 IQ
Quote by treborillusion
Why not taking a song that's recorded in E standard and playing it in Eb like anyone else looking to play in Eb?
Recommendations: Slash ft. Andrew Stockdale - By The Sword, no reason to not play this in Eb.
First, when you're used to being tuned to E-e standard, Eb is darker. Particularly if you drop an Em song to Eb minor. The 6th string bass root is a touch lower.

All of that notwithstanding, in the music "industry" in general, key changes are normally simply to accommodate vocalist's ranges, nothing more.

This is particularly evident in worship music. The music in your hymnal, defines a baritone's range as ending on or about D4. But...., "I'm a lyric baritone".
you say. The book says, "tough shit, skip all the grandstanding and sing it with the rest of us".

A classic example of this, (at least to me), is "Hark the Herald Angels Sing". As a song for "easy guitar", it works great in G. But the chorus at the "IV" chord, (C major), places the melody note on E4. So, the church feels this is a touch high for the average, "just walked in off the street amateur baritone", and writes the song in either E or F major.

Then the teeny bopper metal heads want to be "brootal", and tune down even further. With them, you might get "Hark", in drop C#.

OK, with all that said, this is indeed, a silly topic. Also one which is at least 6 years old. We sholdn't even be posting to it, but what the hell, we don't have anything better to do. (Or even if we did, this is a good way of postponing it).
Last edited by Captaincranky at Jun 29, 2016,