i have an epiphone dot right now and i try to tap on it and i have the technique down except for the pickups wont pick it up

im not sure whats the problem here because i have the motion down and the technique but its just not going
The pick-ups won't pick up your tapping? I really don't think it's the guitar. Check your technique on an acoustic guitar.
Ummmm, I have an Epi dot too and I can tap just fine on it. You need a higher gain if you want a louder, more fluid-like tone. By the sound of it, it seems like you don't have the "technique" down. Also, why would you buy a new guitar for just one (over rated) style?

I love you.
any guitar with an electronic pickup. the pickups pickup the half of the string wich makes the note you play. when unplugged, you get notes from both sides of the fretted string. and the pickups should pickup the tapping - guaranteed
it's your technique, don't blame it on your guitar... i have a firstact, and i can tap quite well on it
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
theres only 2 things that can be wrong:
=Amp setting (not really a problem but fiddle with that for a better tapping sound<more gain>
=Technique.
it's your technique, don't blame it on your guitar... i have a firstact, and i can tap quite well on it

If a firstact is able to pickup tapping, any guitar should

More seriously, it's probably your tapping that is to blame, not the guitar in itself.
ZZZOMG!!!
FUZION

Quote by jimmy, the one
I haven't played anything except Master of puppets by Metallica
They're death metal arent they?

{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-
O RLY?
Do a slight flicking motion when you tap, not just touching the string.
Quote by DayD
If a firstact is able to pickup tapping, any guitar should

More seriously, it's probably your tapping that is to blame, not the guitar in itself.

Just a random off-topicness:

First Act makes spectacular custom guitars.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll
Just a random off-topicness:

First Act makes spectacular custom guitars.

Yah... they are really great playing, too bad they still look horrible...

+

I think any guitar is good for tapping... but if a chapman stick counts, that gets my vote.
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join