Same as above. i have heard they are pretty good at playing metal/thrash/basically anything heavy stuff.

Whats your opinion on this? true or not?
dude, delete this thread.

the whole purpose of jackson was for metal.

you know who their first endorsee was?

Randy Rhoads.

/thread.
Yep true.

One of the best brands for metal. Jackson, Ibanez, ESP, Dean and Schecter are very good metal brands, whichever you like is just preference really.
lmfao sigged

EDIT: to tricky to sig
ESP CUSTOM SHOP HORIZON
FENDER USA STRAT
JACKSON DK2M
Peavey 5150ii w/ Marshall 1960DM cab
I dont even like metal at all, But I know that Fender makes Jackson guitars so they must be pretty good. Fender FTW
My Rig:
Fender American Strat w/ texas specials
Martin DX1
Blueridge Br73
1968 Domino Californian
Stagg bass
2006 Fender hot rod deluxe
Gretsch Electromatic compact amp
among others
Just to drop some other names...

Dave Mustaine
Marty Friedman
Kirk Hammett
Scott Ian
Dan Spitz
Jake E. Lee
Andreas Kisser
Derrick Green
Mille Petrozza
Alexi Laiho
Jeff Hanneman
Adrian Smith
Gary Holt
Rick Hunolt
Karl Sanders.

But if you don't count that, then nah, Jackson is pretty mellow.
Quote by technicaldiff
Just to drop some other names...

Dave Mustaine
Marty Friedman
Kirk Hammett
Scott Ian
Dan Spitz
Jake E. Lee
Andreas Kisser
Derrick Green
Mille Petrozza
Alexi Laiho
Jeff Hanneman
Adrian Smith
Gary Holt
Rick Hunolt
Karl Sanders.

But if you don't count that, then nah, Jackson is pretty mellow.

Wheres Randy Whoads. ):
i play a jackson and i love it and yes it's made for metal, but don't stop there it is also good for funk
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
What?I thought Karl Sanders was the KFC uncle?

Jackson is a name for metal TS,I think i'm gonna slap you till your testicles turn green
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
yeah a jacksons good for metal, but still pretty versatile.
ESP CUSTOM SHOP HORIZON
FENDER USA STRAT
JACKSON DK2M
Peavey 5150ii w/ Marshall 1960DM cab
Quote by Broken-pick
What?I thought Karl Sanders was the KFC uncle?

Jackson is a name for metal TS,I think i'm gonna slap you till your testicles turn green

What are you all talking about...

Threadstarter, don't listen to these noobs. They obviously don't know what they're talkinga bout. Jacksons are mainly used to play blues and country fold tale music. In no way is that V-shaped sharp looking guitar going to be used for metal, it even has EMG's..c'mon.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Jinskee
What are you all talking about...

Threadstarter, don't listen to these noobs. They obviously don't know what they're talkinga bout. Jacksons are mainly used to play blues and country fold tale music. In no way is that V-shaped sharp looking guitar going to be used for metal, it even has EMG's..c'mon.

I think Dean makes a V shaped acoustic... made for metal? lol.

And Fender owns Jackson, but haven't always. It's kind of like how Gibson owns Steinberger... they own it, doesn't mean they make it. At least I don't think the Gibson company produces the Epiphone and Steinberger and whatever else guitars. Epi/stein make their own, yet are owned by Gibson. Yeah. I think.
Acoustics in V shapes are def. made for metal. Electric guitars? Don't think so.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Jackfrost - I was talking besides what Alrabester said. And it's Rhoads*.

Brokenpick - No, Colonel Sanders was.

Jinskee - hahaha.
Quote by Mudvayne LP
Is Jackson a good metal type guitar brand? i have heard they are pretty good at playing metal/thrash/basically anything heavy stuff.

Whats your opinion on this? true or not?
Quote by Drmckool
i play a jackson and i love it and yes it's made for metal, but don't stop there it is also good for funk

Funk on a Jackson?!? Well...don't say I didn't warn you when the Metal Gods smite you....
UG's 94th 300 Spartan!!

My Gear:
Hamer Vector
Ltd Viper 50
Line 6 Spider 2 212

Quote by Dirge Humani
I can make my penis hard if I think a lot.

Quote by Hope Sowders
Me: Have you ever used a Ouija board?
Her: Like the things you play on in the ocean? Those boards? Yeah
Quote by RPGoof
It's acoustic-electric. Oooh, now what?

Touch'e

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by RPGoof
I think Dean makes a V shaped acoustic... made for metal? lol.

nope made for poking
Quote by Jinskee
Acoustics in V shapes are def. made for metal. Electric guitars? Don't think so.

Albert King?

He played great blues on his preferred body style, a Gibson Flying V...

(I think he's better than a lot of other bluesmen...)
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
Threadstarter, don't listen to all this crap, it's fair enough to ask. Just because something is marketed as being a metal guitar, doesn't mean it's actually any good, like those BC rich metal master starter packs for instance, cool looking guitar, but it aint actually much cop.

A Jackson should suit your purposes well. For metal you probably want either passive humbuckers or active pickups like EMGs which function as a pre-amp within the guitar. It's all about getting a strong, hum free signal through to your amp, to help you drive the tits off it.

I think Jacksons also have pretty fast necks on them, which you should have some fun with for shredding.

Focus more on your amp though for high gain applications, from what I've seen of the underground metal scene, guitarists seem to be spending 75% of their rig budget on amps. (eg $700 BC Rich guitars played through Mesa, ENGL, H&K abd Randall stacks + the odd JCM, which seem to turn up in just about every genre. Makes sense, since it's all about good distortion and high volume.

But don't always go with the guitars that are supposed to be used for specific genres, or the guitar/amp combinations that are supposed to match - try and find your sound instead of just buying the stuff that your favourite artist endorses.

Sometime back in the 80s a heroin addict from seattle decided that rather than using a les paul like every other hard rock act of the time, he'd use Fender strats and Jazzmasters, and then crank the gain way up, The resulting noise inspired a generation to stop listening to wanky guitar solos played by ageing rockers in spandex, and instead dress in the same flanelette shirt for months at a time, and then go off and ... well ok they didn't really do anything they just sat around being missunderstood.

This was one of Kurt Kobain's better ideas. Smells like Teen Spirit was brilliant. Putting a loaded firearm in his mouth was less so, but everyone has their off days.

I digress, if you want to play metal, get yourself a good amp - tube is good, if you can't afford that get a modelling amp, don't get stuck trying to actually overdrive transistors, it sounds crap.
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard
jacksons are great for heavy metal/thrash styles. i wouldnt say theyre too good for heavier metal (death etc) but it doesnt sound like that will affect you.
Quote by Charlatan_001
Uh-oh. People might mistake you for a homosexual if you buy a purple pedal.

Quote by Shredlet
You own an Rg2570E and you live in Australia I to you sir!
this is why im quickly going off this forum...if anyone asks for advice, or says anything at all, they get flamed. its bullshit...
Would you guys recommend a SLSMG Soloist model, with the EMGs for some clean stuff as well??
Quote by ktullu98
Would you guys recommend a SLSMG Soloist model, with the EMGs for some clean stuff as well??

for clean stuff yeh imo it would be wiser to have a 60 in the neck for more clean stuff but hey your guitar your shit your choice.