Ok so im not a hobby player, because people associate the term "hobby player" with people who have no idea how to play their instrument. So i dont exactly know what to call myself. Im not in a band, nor do i have the desire. I play for fun, pretty much hobbylike except i take guitar seriously, as in 2 hours a day at least, usually more. I use a 30 W crate ss. Overdrive on it = a joke. So i use various distortion pedals. Now my question is, is it really worth the money to get a pwnzernating stack to get sick distortion when im just going to have it no more than 1/4 volume (prolly less) because of the fact that i just play to play? I just don't see myself spending upwards 600 dollars or more depending on brand/model on an amp that i will only be using at home.
Fender CD-110E Acoustic Electric
Ibanez RG350DX

Crate GT30
Zoom 505 II
Digitech Df-7 Distortion Factory
Nah dude. I'd just go with a nice tube combo amp. Oh, for future reference Guitar Gear & Accessories forum. Not gonna report you but just so you know for later.
Quote by happytimeharry
Oh, for future reference Guitar Gear & Accessories forum. Not gonna report you but just so you know for later.

what was i thinking! loll, i spend so much time in the pit i forgot about all the other forums!?!
Ibanez RG350DX

Crate GT30
Zoom 505 II
Quote by viginti_tres
what was i thinking! loll, i spend so much time in the pit i forgot about all the other forums!?!

Haha, I know how you feel...
Quote by happytimeharry
Haha, I know how you feel...

I think once you have that feeling you know your life is owned by the pit.
Quote by Ross724
3.14 pie or the delicious crusted treat we all know and love?

Quote by MightyAl
Therefore your argument is rubbish, as well as being full of profanity and anti-Semitic. Are you Mel gibson, by any chance?
30W Crate ss... XT series? FXT? I own a 65W and I don't think the distortion is a joke. You can get pretty heavy gains out of it, but the lighter stuff is hard to get a good tone with and all that. Just my two cents.

Anyways, if you're only going to be playing in your house and not playing any gigs, a loud amp is, of course, not necesary.
Quote by Saje
I think once you have that feeling you know your life is owned by the pit.

Nah, just leased.
Quote by RPGoof
30W Crate ss... XT series? FXT?

gt series
Ibanez RG350DX

Crate GT30
Zoom 505 II
get a glx212 crate, with those distortion pedals you can get middle distortion and do cleans and heavy from your amp. plus its 120watt so youll have plenty of power whenever you need it, because sometimes you do,.

my 2 cents, but everyone will flame me cuz they think im wrong.

p.s. u think 120 watts is enough to play a small venue with, like a venue a band would start off with?
"Social correctness has traditionally had nothing whatever to do with reason, logic, or physics. In fact, in England it is generally considered socially incorrect to know stuff or think about things."
-Douglas Adams
Quote by Prototype4342

p.s. u think 120 watts is enough to play a small venue with, like a venue a band would start off with?

Ibanez RG350DX

Crate GT30
Zoom 505 II