Here's how it works:

What kinds of things do/did your parents think wierd, and you thought were perfectly normal?

For example:

My parents think it's wierd that I don't wear my pants up around my head.
I don't wear them down by my knees like some gangster, but they still don't seem to like it.

So what kinds of pet peeves do/did your parents harass you about?
Have fun.
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this

Quote by amazing FretMan
i ripped part of my foreskin off...oh well

Member #9 of the iPods Suck Balls Club, PM Oblivious16037 to join.

My UG Profile
My mom is excellent with the change, so I'd say....nothing that I can think of.

EDIT: maybe she's a tad bit more conservative in her views on some things than me....but nothing drastic.
My parents hassle me about my hair length, which it still looks pretty good, but I think it's funny that Dad used to have shoulder length hair.
Have you ever went to put on a pair of underwear, but there weren't any, so you started runnin around the house flailin your arms while nude?
My dad can't see when he has something good going (like a family, kid, and a good home to live in).

I can.

My mom has a good little temper (nothing extreme, or a bad one, she just gets an attitude a little easily), I don't.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Apparently, having my hair long and wavy (nothing too long, just sufie style) makes me look like a ratbag hoon.
Some Guy?
Mesamune: I love your avatar!
It's an adapter for a 48 on a record player!
...gotta love this: I'm 17 and I know what that is!
EDIT: that's what it is, isn't it?
...It doesn't really look like it now... AAGGKK! I just made a fool of myself!

EDIT#2: same here, sars. Kinda wierd, ain't it?
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this

Quote by amazing FretMan
i ripped part of my foreskin off...oh well

Member #9 of the iPods Suck Balls Club, PM Oblivious16037 to join.

My UG Profile
Last edited by EVH_iS_g0d at Mar 17, 2007,
Quote by Dirge Humani

It's okay. That shit's long gone. Long, partially sad story, but it's true. I'm FAR mroe passionate and caring than my dad could ever be.

I shudder at the thought of my dad raising me. (He left when I was 3, and he tried to reclaim himslef 2 years back, and needless to say he failed.). I'm glad my mom raised me.

But thanks for the hug

back.

Saxo-Walrus

Quote by fallenangel20
It's okay. That shit's long gone. Long, partially sad story, but it's true. I'm FAR mroe passionate and caring than my dad could ever be.

I shudder at the thought of my dad raising me. (He left when I was 3, and he tried to reclaim himslef 2 years back, and needless to say he failed.). I'm glad my mom raised me.

But thanks for the hug

back.

shit dude. same thing happened to me..he was gone 9 years.
hurts like ****, eh?
Quote by sars
shit dude. same thing happened to me..except it was 9 years.
hurts like ****, eh?

I cried once in the whole process.

Like I said, REALLY long story, and after a while, I really didn't care whether he was there or not.

Sounds kinda harsh, but I can't help it.

Saxo-Walrus

Quote by fallenangel20

But thanks for the hug

back.

If you ask me, you got lucky. I still need to live with him.

But enough of this... time for bed.
my dad can't accept new bands that are good no matter how good, he will find a reason not to like them, i'm like wtf pa?

im 15 i look after my sisters 10 month old baby, because she's too much of a crack***** to do it herself. its the most difficult job in the world, my god. im pretty much the babys mum now.

i also go to school, work part time (to get money for myself so i can buy myself basic things such as clothes, school stuff, make up ect. then on top of that musical intruments and bodyboarding gear.

i keep the house tidy and clean up after all the other kids and the rest of my family (who are verrry messy) and i babysit my brothers friends after school (there 10 years old)

now i wouldnt mind wasting my time and life away doing all that crap if i got a bit of aknowledgement, but if i so much as slightly complain my dad tells me to 'grow the **** up'

he cant be serious
Don't you know, I'm the end of what will be?
Eh, my parents basically shrug off most of what they don't understand. But the biggest problems they have is they truely beleive all the government propaganda about drugs and my dad has threatened to kick me out of the house if I get a tattoo (Like that's going to stop me, I have to leave soon anyways).

Other than that they understand and support my musical carreer, understand most of the music I listen to. 'Course I never see my dad but...I'm fairly lucky for the most part when it comes to this.
When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Kabir