yea i heard that the amp that comes with the epiphone les paul special ll is horrible..so im just wondering which amp is good to have as a beginner..as long as its not confusing with all the knobs and effects.thanks.
Any basic solid state amp with 2 channels (clean & overdrive/distortion) and probably a reverb effect would be fine. If you want to keep it simple, stay away from modeling amps as they have a lot of sounds and effects. Roland Cubes are good.
My gear...

Samick Les Paul (AV6VB) Guitar w/ SD Alnico2/JB
Marshall AVT150H halfstack
Schecter Stiletto Elite-4 Bass
Ampeg BA112 Bass Amp
Use search button. Theres a million threads about that.
But.
I think the MG does a beginer pretty good. I used it. MG50.
Get an amp with built in effects. That way your always fiddling around with tone and you wont get bored. A lame amp with just a very flat super feedback distortion will piss you off.
Guitars:
Epiphone Elitist Les Paul Custom WCR and Dimarzio equipped
Amp:
Marshall 2266 Vintage Modern
Marshall 1960TV
Effects:
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Get a microcube. It's cheap, great for practicing and it's got some cool-ee-o effects!
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
i just checked out a Roland Cube 15X amp and i saw where it said Lead..it had Metal Stack,Metal,Overdrive and Distortion..what are they all good for?Also the Low,Mid and treble knobs..i never understood what they really did...i never heard a difference on my friends guitar whether they were on 10 or completely turned to 0 they never did make any changes..what do they do?
I recommend the Vox Valvetronix series in these threads. Generally the DA5 or AD30.

I think a modeler with some decent effects is what you want. Gives you a chance to try out a bunch of different sounds and see what you like and what you don't. This way, when it's time to upgrade, you'll have a good idea of what you want.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Well, on a crappy amp, you won't really hear the difference...

Low mids and treble are basically equalizers you can tweak with to change your tone. This is key to sound different than X player or Y player, etc. Lows = bass just fyi.

The metal, stack,, brit combo, etc are basic presets that are trying to emulate other bigger name brand amps out there. Ex. R-fier is supposed to replicate the distortion you get on a mesa boogie and the stack classic is one you would get on a marshall, etc.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
thanks for the suggestions guys. The only thing is that i may like 3 effects but i wont be able to decide which one to use...im just this kind of person that doesnt know what to pick...like if they have 11 effects and 11 styles then thats alot of combinations to try until i would actually find that one sound i like.
Don't worry to much about the details of an amp for a beginner. Just make sure it has decent clean/overdrive channel and some reverb if you want. Try a Roland Cube or Vox Valvetronics because they have decent sounds and effects.
i looked at the Vox DA5 and from your opinions which are the best styles:Crunch,Crunch 2,High Gain 1,High Gain 3 or Drive? and from the effects what is reverb,rotary reverb,tremolo reverb,flanger reverb and chorus reverb and chorus delay and auto wah? sorry for that..im a noob and there are alot of combinations to try when you have 11 styles and 11 effects and i just like to play music but i wouldnt find out which on is the best because i have a hard time.so thanks again.
I think half the fun is playing with the knobs. I'd set the effects off or on "compressor" (if the DA5 has that one), and run thru the models to see what you like best. Then take that model, and run thru the effects to see which ones you think you'd like to use.

Tone is so subjective. You really need to work it out for yourself. I think you're making it much more complicated than it really is, though. Don't be scared, dive in! It won't be long before you don't have enough different combinations!
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Roland microcube of cube 30 if you want something bigger
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
what would it sound like if i put everything to the highest point which is 10..also what is the difference between overdrive,distortion,metal,delay,echo,reverb?
Why hasn't anyone suggested a Fender Pro or Blues Jr, or something of the like? I mean, you might as well start off right (tube)
4 8 15 16 23 42