Hey Folks!
I was bored today, and thought the car could go for a run, so I went a few towns over to a pawn shop. I was looking at a guitar for only 60 bucks, it looked in new condition I might add! The headstock, where you adjust the truss rod said Gibson, yet somewhere else it said Epiphone. I'm not big with names, and I'm pretty confused... Is this some weird custom build, or what? The action's low, and it played real nice! If anything, I'll pick it up cheap, and sell it. What do you think? Is this a legit guitar, or something someone custom built.
Most Epi LP's (and other models, I believe) have "Gibson" inscribed on the truss rod cover.
Huzzah! It is I, S0ulja, the Duke Of Swiss, 3rd member of the Royal order of cheese!

PM Soulfly_freak or sock_demon to join
So at the headstock is said epiphone? It might have been someone who just switched the trussrod cover around. It's most likely an epiphone. If you like it and if it really is only 60 bucks, take it and just keep it if you're in need of a new guitar.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
The first one...

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by rainingblood187
okay i have a question.

is "epiphone" pronounced:

ep-i-fone

or

ep-if-o-nee.

i always thought it was the second one, but people are tellin me different.

Well, considering that Epihone comes from the combination of proprietor Epaminondas Stathopoulos' nickname "Epi" and "phone", Greek for "sound", then its the first one. We don't call it the teh-lef-o-nee.
Huzzah! It is I, S0ulja, the Duke Of Swiss, 3rd member of the Royal order of cheese!

PM Soulfly_freak or sock_demon to join
Epiphany is spelled "epiphany" .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
pawn shop owners aren't stupid, they a books so they can identify and price guitars
Hmm... I'll get it anyway! Any thing's better than this FirstAct thing! I played a few scales on it in the store, and it was pretty smooth compared to what I'm used to... I'll post photos later, do you think you could identify better then? Thanks for the input by the way!
Quote by TheDev01dOne
Could be like a LP special though.. Then it's not that much of a bargain..

What exactly is a LP special? The stores run by a bunch of (not insulting) dudes who can't speak English very well. Half of the stuff is stolen, so it's cheap at times.
lol, figures. Just google the image.

They're going to look quite different, I can tell you that.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Ehh
What exactly is a LP special? The stores run by a bunch of (not insulting) dudes who can't speak English very well. Half of the stuff is stolen, so it's cheap at times.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Special-II-Electric-Guitar?sku=518334

It's pretty much a beginner guitar.... The LP Standards, Customs, and Elitists are the much better ones.
That looks close to the one over there... It's list price is at $250... Even if I resell it on eBay or something, I'd be making a profit. :P I could put it towards my "lets find a '87 supra" fund.
Quote by rainingblood187
okay i have a question.

is "epiphone" pronounced:

ep-i-fone

or

ep-if-o-nee.

i always thought it was the second one, but people are tellin me different.

Good lord, thank you for my new signature
Quote by smirnoff_black
Have you ever done this before? It's freakin' sweet! Earlier today, I was bored as hell just laying on my bed. I had an erection, so I started to use my penis as a gear stick and I was pretending I was driving. Has anyone else here ever tired this?
gibson owns the epiphone company so on most of the new epiphones have the gibson lable on the truss rod cover plate
Actually it's the older Epiphone's that say Gibson on the truss rod cover, I think.

My new one says Les Paul Standard on the cover.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Love these forums! I'll post a photo tomorrow. Probably drive by later today / tomorrow.