Tuning - Drop D
E. 8
B. 10
G. 10
D. 8
A. 8
D . 8

what kind of shape is that? since the root note on the D string wich is a "A#/Bb" is it some sort of "A#/Bb" chord? but i noticed i can move it anywhere on the neck and sounds good, so is it like a barre chord?

thanks
1, very few people would ever call it "A#" due to the A# major chord appearing in such few keys. For this reason, Im only going to refer to it as Bb.
2, the notes in the chord are Bb F Bb F A C, if I'm not mistaken.
For the lack of a D there, in no way is it a Bb chord.
3, I'd look at as a Fadd4 chord.
Or, specifically,
Fadd/Bb.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
Quote by UtBDan
1, very few people would ever call it "A#" due to the A# major chord appearing in such few keys. For this reason, Im only going to refer to it as Bb.
2, the notes in the chord are Bb F Bb F A C, if I'm not mistaken.
For the lack of a D there, in no way is it a Bb chord.
3, I'd look at as a Fadd4 chord.
Or, specifically,
Fadd/Bb.

thanks.

how would i find how to learn what chords are what. and even make some add4 chords?
Chord names are all built off of the scale they come from (C major chord is made from the root, third, and fifth of the C major scale, and so on). Look for some lessons on this site about things like that.
Quote by Kidzelda
Chord names are all built off of the scale they come from (C major chord is made from the root, third, and fifth of the C major scale, and so on). Look for some lessons on this site about things like that.

thank you very much!