Ok so i met up with this one guy for a possible band. he plays the accordian. Now im not ripping the accordian, in fact he's very good...plays bassline melody and sings all the the same time, but i mean asside from like polka what kinda styles can you play with an accordian...i wanna be able to not only play the slow stuff but some kinda fast stuff too.

Does anyone have any links to bands with accordian players?Or just names if their commercial bands...Im pretty sure theres no way he wants to be a background player...i dont even wanna think about asking...bruised ego bit and what not...

thanx
Arcade Fire
Quote by Mad Marius
Bush is a good president.

And yes, you HAVE to be drunk to say that with a straight face. And I sure am.

Quote by Garci
Damn, 1.2 billion dollers? Wonder how much that's in dollars
They Might Be Giants
Quote by Skwisgaar Skwigelf
Fish don't gots no good metal to listens to.
Dropkick Murphys, Flogging Molly, Arcade Fire...
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
just let him in your band
it'll be cool
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
Quote by walker-rose
just let him in your band
it'll be cool

Actually im joining his band...rite now im only playing chords. It makes me seem egotistic but i think that that accordian might end up holding him and be back...i dunno when the last time he wrote a song was...and he's gigging a lil bit...like once a month he said...so yea

um heres a link...the band isnt all that good, but im hoping to help push it along a lil bit like my last one...they met once every 3 months...then i poped up and they met about once a week...our a bassist was one hell of a flake though...but yea getting off topic now
Sunset Rubdown
Quote by Mad Marius
Bush is a good president.

And yes, you HAVE to be drunk to say that with a straight face. And I sure am.

Quote by Garci
Damn, 1.2 billion dollers? Wonder how much that's in dollars
Ry Cooder has used accordian prominently on some of his albums - "My Name is Buddy" and "Chicken Skin Music" are the two that come to mind.
Go with it. Accordian played well and not in a cliched manner is really good.

P.s. Picked this up from "Red Cat till I die" from "My name is buddy". If you mike an accordian up and distort it right (a kinda mild overdrive, I think) it sounds ****ing awesome. Really, really mean.
How may The National D help you waste your time?
hey just somehow make it into the music you like.
Founder of UG's Club

Quote by Kadaj
Yes, that's why it has big fangs, for tickling you with.

Quote by JC13
The banker has proposed an offer of FOUR BJ's...lucky911charms, Deal, or No deal?
Exactly. A good musician is a good musician.
How may The National D help you waste your time?