I was just wondering which brand of electric strings you prefer. I haven't yet formed a preference.
i use the thicker gauge strings. longer sustain, louder sound, thicker sound. i like em so much better. d'addario is what i usually use. i hate ernie balls
I use .008 gauge and tune down to drop C tuning. 8s are also good for Floyd Rose dive bombs. That way, when they snap up and hit you in the face, it doesn't hurt like a .042 gauge. As for brands, I go to the guitar store and unwind the strings off of the floor model guitars when no one's looking. Those always seem to last and last!
"so did you do anything hardocore today?"

"yeah dude i went to the bathroom and pluged up the toilet like hardcore! water would not stop coming out of it! It was like eddie van halen was playing Eruption in my bathroom! If van halen was a toilet
I use DR extra light gauge. I don't like heavier gauges because they create too much tension in my picking, and I use DR because it's the only brand the area music store carries.
Fender pure nickel.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
Gibsons vintage reissue .011, for that nice long sustain when i rock out a good blues solo.
My Gear:
epiphone les paul cusom, Limited edition. evo dimarzio pick ups
Parker P-38
epiphone hummingbird
line 6 flextone
crate vtx 120

head full of ideas.
Last edited by Hart_Attack at Mar 18, 2007,
GHS boomers for me will do

Forum Archives / About / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2006